cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor810
Asteroid

Messages App broken, not showing phone number categories when send a text since Android Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After updating my Galaxy S9+ to Android 9 Samsungs default Messages app no long shows the phone number categories, moblie/home/work/etc, when creating a new text message.  If you have a contact with multiple phone numbers and your are a sending text message you will see all the numbers associated with that contact but don't know what category they are.  I've sent several messages to land lines since this update that of course never got read.  Samsung says that this did ocurr with the Android 9 update and doesn't know when of if this will be fixed (feature change maybe).  This is very very annoying! To avoid this happening you must start all your text from your contacts app.

Please fix this!!20190329_185853.jpg

Lar

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Taylor810
Asteroid

Re: Messages App broken, not showing phone number categories when send a text since Android Pie Upda

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update!!  Today the messages app appears to be working.  When sending a new message and you are selecting recipients, you select the person and afterwards you are prompted for either mobile/work/home if they have multiple work numbers.  Great!!  I'm not sure what fixed it but I recently got a bunch of app updates from Samsung and I guess it was fixed in one of those.

Thanks Samsung.

15 REPLIES 15
Taylor810
Asteroid

Re: Messages App broken, not showing phone number categories when send a text since Android Pie Upda

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update!!  Today the messages app appears to be working.  When sending a new message and you are selecting recipients, you select the person and afterwards you are prompted for either mobile/work/home if they have multiple work numbers.  Great!!  I'm not sure what fixed it but I recently got a bunch of app updates from Samsung and I guess it was fixed in one of those.

Thanks Samsung.

userC1YFZ3g0kk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not fixed on the S10e.  I have also sent multiple work messages into the ether never to be seen.  Also don't get a "landline" bounceback.  I have no message app update in the Play Store to fix this.

usernPRmXJDWE7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me on my Galaxy S8 running Samsung Messages 10.0.10.213 on Android 9 PIE with all avaialble Google Play & Galaxy store updates installed.  There is no extra prompt to select the phone number type after first tapping on a contact name.  Instead it will let me select any phone number in a contact like landlines, faxes, etc.

CenterOfGravity
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, that's not a solution. What was the fix for the rest of us? Dont be lazy.

CenterOfGravity
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree. This is the same problem I have and exactly why I don't accept updates. Now you have given me half of the product today once enjoyed

CenterOfGravity
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, please treat all software updates as though it is rocket science because it affects the way some of us rocket are rocket scientists actually function during the day when critical communication is needed. Negative effects are more serious for business deals, engineering, science, doctors, lawyers... everyday when you are making bad changes, that you think are fine. Please adopt first time through processing. Your software releases to be Bulletproof and not diminish features that exist. You can make them an option put don't eliminate them

userndiTw1n1L8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still broken on flagship Galaxy S10  Not good

Inhot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We still have this issue with our S8's. We are with Sprint.  Anyone know when an update will be provided?

usercymSFTe8kH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not working for me :-/