cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Mirrorlink after Android 10 update.

Hello,

I have a Galaxy S9+ and I'm using every day the Mirrorlink function, with may Car Unit from a VW Passat B8.

The issue appeared after Android 10 update. I can connect the phone to the car, but every app started on the car unit display has an error by showing a black screen, or if I'm start driving, a message like: this app is not available when you are driving. 

This is uncceptabal. Same car, with a Galaxy S8, is working fine. I'm unsing same apps on both phones.

My car doesn't support Android Auto, so, any message to indicate that I can use AA is not for me.

Please exaplain me what happened in Android 10 with Mirrorlink and why you make it unsable.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mirrorlink after Android 10 update.

I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Mirrorlink for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Please explain me why? the only things that has been changed it was the Android vresion from 9 to 10.

I have a Galaxy S8 which is still working with the car unit.

So, the issue is clear that is on the Android 10 for mirrolink protocol.

Today I reset my phone using factory reset. The same issue.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Fact that you (Samsung) points the finger to Mirrorlink for assistance after an Android update says enough.
You (Samsung) don't care.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi again,

I went to the Samsung Service (in my contry) and they said that this is a known issue (by Samsung) and should be resolved with the next "update".

Next time, before to indicate other solution, please check all details with your coleagues(from Samsung) , just to don't send people to ask on the wrong place.

Highlighted
Asteroid

the Android 10 update came few days ago.

The mirrorlink version is the same, and I still have the same issue with my car unit.

Samsung should do samething.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Do you not understand that people have potentially bought cars on the premis of being able to use Mirrorlink. You've actually done a disservice to car manufacturers and general public by making a key feature not operate! A big well-done to Samsun off I trot back to Apple as their Carplay works.regardl

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's Samsungs problem. I purchased a car on thepremis I could use Mirrorlink, it worked then Samsung broke it. A 2017 Peugeot 2008 Ty so much, back to Apple I go as my 1.5yr old s9 isn't fit for purpose, you can't justify this under any terms. Mirrorlink appear to have gone bust!  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Completely agree I've a 2017 Peugeot 2008, since downloading Android 10 Mirrorlink no longer works and Rockscout is also the same with no access to Spotify. Samsung have well and truly shafted their Customers here. Back to Apple it is disgraceful!!! Also Peugeot must be ecstatic that Google/Samsung have done this.