cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruxEUkePain
Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After multiple attempts to fix and clear the message still keeps coming up. I have been on hold for over an hour and 20 minutes with Samsung to get this fixed. At 326am my phone decides this is the time to let me know there is moisture. The phone has never been exposed to water. 

I noticed this is a common problem across their devices. Anyone knowna laywer ready to make this a class action suit?

So far I've spoken to Kelli 81424, Ishiara 3552190. There is a mysterious Tyler B. Spoke about but yet he does not "have an email or phone number"

Now on hold for a case manager.

Screenshot_20190429-184858_Call.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend a factory reset of the device to see if it resolves your issue. If not i will be happy to set the device up for service.

Can you please send me a private message here with the below information: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @useruxEUkePain,

I can understand your frustration.

Has the device been exposed to moisture/liquid damages? Have you tried the shake and blow method? 

You can also give these troubleshooting steps for moisture in your port a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useruxEUkePain
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As stated in the original post it has never been exposed to any moisture or water. I've tried every solution posted. Even if it clears the error, like clock work a few days later 326am I hear a loud beeping waking me up to tell me to unplug my phone.

PS up at 1 hour 40 mins on hold

Samsung_I6AUcuX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get some electronic air duster and blow it out let it sit for 30 min to and hour that's how I fixed mine

useruxEUkePain
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried that this weekend with no luck

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend a factory reset of the device to see if it resolves your issue. If not i will be happy to set the device up for service.

Can you please send me a private message here with the below information: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

useruxEUkePain
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done a factory reset twice.Screenshot_20190429-202405_Call.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming that information, Can you private message me the information above and i will be happy to set the device up for service.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience. 

Just send the information to the link above and i will help you out from there!

Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you!

^SamsungZell

useruxEUkePain
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190429-192611_Call.jpg

Up to over 2 hours on hold

userh7TNledZAx
Constellation

Lol, get a new phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol, get a new phone