cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroxxTu3FfS7
Constellation

Moisture detected warning, now microphone not working

S9+Moisture detected in charging port message and Microphone not working!! Phone has never been wet, the moisture detector on back of phone is white, "fixed it" on the first day, had it plugged in and in the middle of the night alarm starts going off stating moisture detected. I've downloaded the last couple of recent updates and now I'm having trouble. It's not wet but I have blown in Port, put in a bag with silicon packs, put it in the window, set it in front of a fan for hours, still have message and now people can't hear me on the phone and Google can't either. The only way to charge or talk on phone is via Bluetooth (or headphone jack wired yesterday, haven't tried it today). What if I have an emergency, and don't have access to headphones, I won't even be able to call for help on this thousand dollar phone!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung_ydZjKwO
Astronaut

This makes me afraid to do the update it keeps bugging me...

This makes me afraid to do the update it keeps bugging me to do.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture detected warning, now microphone not working

@useroxxTu3FfS7, We would be happy to look into your concerns for you.

Can you send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15)Digit IMEI Number:
Model Code:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
user2bn9285WCo
Astronaut

I actually had the same problem. For some reason when I w...

I actually had the same problem. For some reason when I was living in nd and came to sd all of a sudden said moisture and it wouldnt charge. I'd say the best solution is if you have att get an insurance claim. And a bonus is if you've been claim free for a year instead of being 200 buck it's like 123. So far the only solution I've found is get new cord and brick