cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLww7S0ipbM
Constellation

Moisture has been detected

A week ago I randomly get the moisture detection in USB charge port. It went away then it came back and lasted for 3 days. I updated my phone and the notification went away for a day, now it's back and won't go away and I can only charge my phone wirelessly which is a huge inconvenience. I know there is no moisture in my phone. Does anyone have any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_LMou6mM
Astronaut

There might be dirt in the connector, try cleaning it wit...

There might be dirt in the connector, try cleaning it with compressed air and or rubbing alcohol, if that doesn't work contact support

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Moisture has been detected

@userLww7S0ipbM Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Samsung_scyipKH
Astronaut

Same thing started happening to me yesterday with my S8 N...

Same thing started happening to me yesterday with my S8 Note. I know theres no water in it and either way the phone is "supposed" to be water proof.

Samsung_atFD5SE
Astronaut

I cleaned the charging port and blow with compressed air....

I cleaned the charging port and blow with compressed air. I still have the moisture detected error for over a week now. I'm using wireless charge to power phone. Should I go to support or wait longer to dry?

Highlighted
usereJiQIsUeKA
Constellation

Re: Moisture has been detected

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I knew it had no moisture. I turned the phone off and plugged it into charge. It fuuly charged. I turned it back on and the " moisture detected " was gone! So far, so good!