cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Monthly Security Updates - yeah right

Just a quick post, I have a Factory Unlocked S9, which I keep updated to the last baseband/security update. This phone should still fall within the Samsung monthly security update plan. The current baseband was released on Sep 21, 2020. Today, it is 53 days old.
9 REPLIES 9
Cosmic Ray

Re: Monthly Security Updates - yeah right

Join the crowd. My latest security patch is September and I have an unlocked S9+. I have another issue with my lack of 4G LTE. I keep getting the runaround on both fronts, so good luck.

Constellation

Me too.
Cosmic Ray

I know, I'm not surprised. I'm just documenting for future Samsung buyers. 54 days
Cosmic Ray

Good luck getting any help from the Samsung moderators. I've sent them 3 PMs (2 on Monday) with no replies

Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Monthly Security Updates - yeah right

now over TWO months. Samsung fail. not the first won't be the last. last problem they told me buy a new car, we don't support that model of car anymore (bye bye MirrorLink)
Cosmic Ray

Nine Plus Weeks - the Samsung Pro answer "Shut up and wait until you are deemed worthy." The US locked phones have gotten 3 updates since the Unlocked version was last updated. I know just for future buyers looking at Samsung for a phone and expecting it to be supported.
Cosmic Ray

I'm beginning to feel like "unlocked" means "unworthy" to Samsung. Still looking for the October security patch and it's almost December!

Cosmic Ray

they constantly blame the carriers. Google can update their phones monthly without carriers' approval. why can't Samsung.
Cosmic Ray

FYI... factory unlocked phones like my SM-G960U1 receive their update directly from Samsung. An update to UI 2.5 and November 1, 2020 security update is available today.