cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Motherboard malfunction

It's sad to see all the complaints about the motherboards going out on these top of the line phone. I'm currently experiencing the same issue with my phone. Samsung needs to do better with educating  the call center on answering customers questions about repair instead of just asking for payments or at least allow a repair tech to speak with customers about their questions. Samsung is aware they are having these issues and have yet to warn their customers nor guarantee that the issue will be corrected and their customers will be compensated for their troubles. Unfortunately I will be coming out of pocket to get the issue fixed after paying almost $900 for this phone that Samsung made seem like the perfect device.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Motherboard malfunction

@userQ7HYsQm2hQ 

I mean no disrespect, but the S9 is out for over 2 years now, and this is the first time I hear about any "widespread motherboard issues". Unfortunately, any gadget can malfunction after a while, and if it's out of warranty, it is an out-of-pocket repair. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

You sound like one of the customer service agents I spoke with that kept mentioning the warranty....lol.  Yes there have reported issues... even one of agents I spoke with reported they should tell or warn thier customers about the PBA issues happening with a lot of their phones.  This phone was workingaworking just fine had no complaints and then with  absolutely no warrning  it just stopped functiong. These type of advanced phone should give warrnings,  so that right there let's me know it was not manufactured correctly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It also says a lot when I can charge and use a 4-5 year old phone with no issues, but can't even power up this 2year old high  tech phone.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userQ7HYsQm2hQ 

"You sound like one of the customer service agents I spoke with" At this point I think I should take this as a compliment, but I assure you, I am not. In fact, I can be very critical of Samsung is they deserve it. 

What's wrong with mentioning warranty? Warranty means the manufacturer promises/guarantees that the product will work reliably for (in this case) 1 year. If it malfunctions within 1 year, they will take care of it, after that it's no longer their responsibility. It's the same with almost all electronics, and the reason why extended coverage plans exist. 

Any kind of trending or widespread issues are usually on these forums. The phone came out a while ago, so I might have missed it. Is there a thread with reports from other users? Where did you see "all the complaints about the motherboards going out". I'm genuinely looking to learn more about it. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

You have to look through different threads and sites  to locate the complaints that are similar to what happened to mine, a lot of this happen to the S10's too. The agents are great not complaing... they just could not answer my "how" and "why" questions without saying because your warranty expired. I actually wanted to talk to  the repair tech, but they would never put anyone on the phone...lol. I'm just saying if I can charge up and still use a lower grade phone in 2020  I should also be able to do the same with this phone.