cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxJONLKKPKJ
Asteroid

Re: Moving files and making SD default storage

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since Im under time constraints, I opted to use Wifi Direct just to get the photos off my older phone since I need to send it in (phone trade in) and will have to figure out out to get it from there, safely onto an sd card. 

userFmCt7beTMU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I do as you suggest, I don't have the ellipsis in the upper right corner. The option to move or copy is on the bottom of the page. If I click move or copy, it says "copy here". That just makes a copy of everything in my internal storage giving me 2 of everything. I do not have an option to transfer to the sd card.

My phone has a 64g card in it that is empty. I can access the card but cannot transfer anything to it. Help please.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to our SD support team. Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Highlighted
user9OtT01FNLv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apps/internet

hit the three dots in upper right corner /settings/advanced setting/save to

Then choose between phone and ad card

usergHiu9gVWDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Move to secure folder is only move option I have in settings.

usergHiu9gVWDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can go into camera and settings to make SD card your default storage

usergHiu9gVWDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm new to android but just figured out how to move things to my sd card. I too was not getting the move option. Go to Samsung, my files, choose photos for example, then hold finger on an individual pic. You can select more after this. Then go to 3 dots at top right and option to move to SD card is there.

userI77B3oAvli
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am missing how to find the Samsung file.  In my apps, I have a Samsung+ app, but that does not have a My Files subfolder.

userhvD9cc4KG6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, just figured it out.

* Go to the Samsung apps folder.

* Go to "My Files" app.

* Hit the 3 dots in the top right corner.

* Got to "settings".

* Scroll down to where it says Get More Space & select "Large File Size".

* Go to custom size, I changed mine to 1MB, so anything larger than 1MB will show up.

* Go back to your "My Files" screen.

* Hit the 3 dots & select "Get More Space.

* Click on "Large Files".

You should now have a screen where you will have a drop down menu on the right, you can select between videos, pics, audio, etc.

Select videos for example, select all, then you should have a "Back Up" selection at the top.

Click that and it will pop up asking where you would like your stuff backed up to.

You can then select SD Card, it will then ask you if you want to delete everything you just backed up to the card, off of the phone to free up space.

Select yes and begin transfer.

user1JkqZjfB7G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what's up man? so, i was reading this post you made here, about the whole sd card/storage thing. i have just one question about it, & before i ask, i just wanna say, out of all the searching i've done, google/reddit/samsung community/wherever else (lol), your reply (this one I'm replying to), was absolutely the most informative one. however, as i stated above, i have just one question, (actually, maybe 2, sorry, my bad bro). when choosing the files, in the manner that you stated, first off, should i just be choosing the files, as in individual videos, & choosing all, (to be backed-up) or should i (is there even?) be choosing a folder, like dcim*, for example, or, the photos/videos folder/folders? & 2nd question, after choosing said files, & choosing to back-up to the sd card, do i just dump them there, or should i make a folder, or should i take a pic first, so that then there is an actual dcim/camera/photos/videos/whatever, i honestly can't remember now what it names the folder..

also, to clear the confusion, yes, when i take certain* pics/vids, for example, as long as the video is a simple 1080p, & the photos are normal photos, (for ex., not raw* files) they will go to the card. however, if i take pics in pro mode*, so i can have/save raw* files (amateur photographer here, lol), or make 4k videos (30fps or 60fps), they don't go to the card for some reason, idk why, & apparently, this isn't just a "me" thing (lol), this is something that just happnes for some reason "?" (as far as S9+'s are concerned, anyways..). just wanted to add that, so it wouldn't seem like i'm a big dumb... lol. so, to clarify, i just wanted to make sure i'm doing it correctly, which is why i asked what i did - 

-1. should i try to choose folders in this manner? (copying or moving the folders inside dcim, or the dcim itself, does not work. it just makes another folder identical to what was there before i did the move. make any sense?)

-2. when moving to sd card, do i just "dump" them there? or should i let it make it's own folder first, like i said it would above, for pics/vids within certain criteria? (basically lower quality ones... i mean, what-the-what, right?) (i had put wt*, but apparently 3 letters r considered cursing (???)...lmao

so anyways, if you happen to see/read this, & especially if you reply, i just wanna say ahead of time, thank you sooo much, kind sir 🤘

(as you could just ignore me, if you choose to do so 😪... - lol but i sincerely hope you do actually reply. also, i'm not sure how this works (this site), since this is my first time being here, as far as on the browser goes, & my first time replying. so, just incase, (this is important to me) you can reach me at <hidden>

(same for both, yes lol. or at least i'm like 90% sure, lol. & again, thanx so much 4 ur time, sir. have a nice day! ✌  lol