Constellation

Re: Moving files and making SD default storage

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does not help

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in if anyone needs anymore assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercxJifj9JER
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S9 does not give me the option to move apps to sd card. 

usercqfzv8LCqu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I do. 

I want my apps on my SD card,  specifically the kids games. Any ideas? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The developers decide whether an application has the ability to be moved to the SD card, However, you can not make it your default. We understand your frustration but we would advised reaching out to the applications developers directly as this is an option they control. If the application can be moved, You would find the application in Settings > Application you want to adjust > Move to SD Card option.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userxXE3jnANVK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

go to samsung folder - my files

you will see recent files, then categories, then "phone"

Beneath phone is "internal storage" and "SD card"

Select internal storage and scroll down to the folder called pctures or photos or whatever it might be called.... you might also have a DCIM folder - there could be pictures in there too

long press it - a tick box appears next to it and three dots in the top right corner

Press the three dots and you have an option to "move"

I hope that helps - it took me a while to figure out that you have to go in this way - doing it from the pictures storage straight away only gives you "details"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
optimxr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userxXE3jnANVK
userxXE3jnANVK, great explanation for moving files from internal to the SD Card. Now, how do I make the SD Card my default storage location for photos, music,movies etc.?
chris_r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It boggles my mind that something this trivial and presumably routine isn't implemented as basic functionality. And I'm still unable to move anything from internal storage to my SD; no, none of the solutions listed in this thread, as of now, work for my s9+ because none of the suggested options are present: 'Select Category > Move to... (no Move option, etc).

But I thought I'd mention that when I opened Camera for the first time after having inserted my card, my phone recognized that and prompted me to select the SD as default storage.  Still didn't move my existing content though.

Arg.  Now looking for third-party file management solutions...

Goodole
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not to be picky and this not the only post with a problem. This does not address the afore mentioned problem. The question was how to make the SD card "default storage". This implies not having to copy and move or just move functions. Also it does not apply to all Android versions. Noting the date of the post, a lower Android version was apparently used in the afore mentioned post. Note to all who ask or are seeking for solutions to their problems need to remember to put the model of the phone, the carrier and the OS version. In another breath, the contributors who answer need to ask those three questions. It would clear up a lot of usless post if those three elements were mentioned in the post. The contributors are not mind readers and like them, my crystal ball is broken as well.
userxJONLKKPKJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe that works for photos that in DCIM but what about under categories, in my 9+, I have Images, Videos, Audio, Documents, Downloads and APK ... 

When I click on Images, I have other 'files' like Camera, SD Card, another camera file.. I see have pics in my Sd Card-that's fine. I'm trying to get the other pics sent to my SD CARD and it's not letting me do it.

I long press camera, I don't get a move to option, there's Details-Share and Delete. I hit share, but nothing comes up to send to my SD CARD. This used to be so much easier back in the day..