cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My Files app data filling up

In my ample quarantine time I was cleaning up my files when I found that the My Files app has about 3.34 GB used under the "data" category under storage. It's not the cache, so what is it? Files that haven't been backed up yet? And can I clear it? Running Android 10 on S9

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: My Files app data filling up

Hey,

If you're using system settings apps, my files, storage, and the data shows 3.34 gbs then you might try opening my files and empty the trash. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

They never responded but I'm having the same issue with it take 6GB so here's where i found it.

Go to settings->device care->storage->advanced->internal storage->other apps

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@B_Rad15

Mine is at 5.3 gbs. When I select other apps it opens the list of every app installed including system apps. I only have a few third party apps installed so I think that one is pretty much normal.

I think the original post was looking at the my files app in system settings, apps, my files storage, data. The trash bin was recently added and the files in there are added to the data category. I'm still not 100% sure where they're seeing this.

Have a great day, 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted

these are the apps on your phone wether preinstalled or 3rd party apps. it is normal.