cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNweyp1g2iP
Asteroid

My S9+ will not charge via wall socket, but will charge via PC

Hi everyone,

My S9+ will not charge via plug at all, it just flat out refuses to do anything. But if I charge it via Laptop, it charges, but takes about 6hours to fully charge and doesnt hold it charge for very long. 

I am not sure if it will charge wirelessly as I do not have a wireless charger to try.

I am also using a Samsung brand UK Plug and Cable not a knockoff brand. I have lost count how many times I have bought and replaced said charger and cables as it tends to charge my phone fine and without any problems for about a few months then back to its usual refusal to charge at all. I'm wondering if it isnt a fault with the charger (because it will charge my friends phone absolutely fine) but a fault with my phone?

When I plug in my cable to charge my phone via Laptop it says: "The last USB device you connected to this computer mafunctioned and Windows does not recognise this device", therefore it is not quick charging as it takes 6hours to fully charge.

I feel like im just banging my head off the wall as I've already spent so much on replacement chargers and cables and it just seems like they only last temporarily.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My S9+ will not charge via wall socket, but will charge via PC

Have you tried resetting your battery?

Press and hold both the volume down and power buttons for about 10 seconds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNweyp1g2iP
Asteroid

I will try this, thank you! I will update if it works or not

userNweyp1g2iP
Asteroid

I have tried different cords and plugs (all Samsung brand) and they dont work.

I have also mentioned this in the above text about the wireless charging too. I dont own one so I can't try it to see if it will work. 

Ichamel
Galaxy

You need to get a Samsung charger from the USA. You phone may charge slowly because your charger was designed for 230 Volts @ 50 Hertz. The USA is 110 Volts @ 60 Hertz.

Ichamel
Galaxy

Also keep your UK charger if you plan to travel to Europe. Less than half the voltage here means less output so similarly, a US carger designed for 110 volts can overheat the device on 230 volts