cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

My phone is draining faster than it can charge...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this because I need a new charger or is it something to do with the phone itself? However, I think it's the cord I'm using, because if I let my phone completely die I can't get my phone to charge with this cord. So.... just wondering what others have to say on the subject. All answers or comments are greatly appreciated!

Aimee Davis

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My phone is draining faster than it can charge...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your phone is dying faster than it will charge and will not charge up if it is dead, it is most likely the wall charger/port you are using.

Are you plugging it directly into a wall charger? Is the cable frayed or damaged? Are you using a Samsung OEM quick wall charger?

I would recommend only using the Samsung wall charger that came in the box. If you are in need of a new cable as well, i would recommend the cable that came in the box or purchasing high quality cables from amazon.

They are inexpensive and can be hard in packs with varying sizes (1 foot-10feet+) for only a few bucks.

Please post back if you find a solution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

You should try using your phone less!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should try using your phone less!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does your device discharge quickly while in safe mode?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your phone is dying faster than it will charge and will not charge up if it is dead, it is most likely the wall charger/port you are using.

Are you plugging it directly into a wall charger? Is the cable frayed or damaged? Are you using a Samsung OEM quick wall charger?

I would recommend only using the Samsung wall charger that came in the box. If you are in need of a new cable as well, i would recommend the cable that came in the box or purchasing high quality cables from amazon.

They are inexpensive and can be hard in packs with varying sizes (1 foot-10feet+) for only a few bucks.

Please post back if you find a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not the solution.

I've had my S5 for four years because I have attachment issues. One huge reason I've bought and sent back many phones to replace this Samsung s5 is because it's obviously got hardware issues, but I have yet to find a replacement so I've been stuck with this phone that was purposefully or on accident programmed to break for a couple days seemingly randomly. After years and all avenues exhausted, I've concluded that ANYTIME I PLUG IN A NEW CHARGER CORD TO THIS PHONE ITS BATTERY TIMES OUT TO ZERO AND ACTS LIKE IT WONT CHARGE. 

I say "ACTS" because within 2-3 days it will charge just fine once again with the same battery and charger cord! You just have to.. Wait.

Over the years I've bought countless chargers and batteries just to figure this out. My phone has nothing wrong with it besides it being programmed to ACT like there's something wrong with it. I've just been forced to wait it out each time I have to get a new charger cord or accidentally try plugging it in with a new one. My best guess is the "glitch" has to do with its Fast Charge cord feature or whatever. I'm here because yet again it's glitched out. Hopefully it'll rectify by Monday so I can get the info I need to get to my Infusion Treatments and hopefully my brother makes it to his out of state trip to New Mexico OK considering I'm the only one who knows where he took the bus and where he went! SAMSUNG YOU MAKE SO MUCH MONEY, WHY MESS WITH OUR LOW INCOME LIVES?? A PERSONS PHONE IS THEIR LIFE!!!

The real solution is to for Samsung to take this battery lock feature out of the hardware and stop conning people! Or go find a phone that functions for the amount of money you spend on it. Simple yet made impossible by predatory phone manufacturers.

If anyone knows a better alternative that allows messenger to pop over YouTube and chrome while using and also  has screen shot feature please let me know! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks for the help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Thanks for the help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want my Galaxy to let me know it is fully charged.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same thing happen it was my cord happened with...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen it was my cord happened with my j7 Sky Pro and my j7 crown it's real temperamental on the cords

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: I had the same thing happen it was my cord happened with...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Temperamental is an understatement! Ugh I'm so sick of this. Do u have any smart phones that haven't given you grief? I really don't want to shill out to Samsung for my next purchase but I'm at a loss for a decent Android!

It's sad to me so many people are getting fleeced for charger port replacements and such..