cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersqdoGAvFnI
Asteroid

New Messaging update giant "messages" window Blocking Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Messages Scren Shot.jpgMessages Screen ShotScren Shot Settings.jpgSettingsI do not like the new update, I hate the new look to the Messaging app, and the Settings tab.  I do not understand why there is a giant window at the top taking up half the screen to say "Settings" or "Messages" (I know im in my settings, I clicked the button!).  Then from the bottom of the messages tab there is taking up part of the screen to say "Conversations and Contacts"  Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usersqdoGAvFnI
Asteroid

Re: New Messaging update giant "messages" window Blocking Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it is the only solution, then it is lame.  I’m quite aware I can swipe up.  Please forgive me for looking for something better.

If the purpose is to increase one had use, why do I access settings from the top, just to be forced back to the bottom of the phone to swipe up to clear the junk window?

And in the messages, there is still the relatively large window at the bottom for conversations, and contacts, a setting that 99% of people would set and leave (meaning a top function), but we are forced to have it in the active space. 

There are so many problems with sizing of everything in this app.  

12 REPLIES 12
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Swipe up  

usersqdoGAvFnI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

lame

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not really. It's the solution. Do a little research. Samsung designed OneUI with large viewing areas at the top and interaction areas at the bottom of many screens, largely with an eye toward facilitating one-handed use. I'd prefer to have it work the other way around (only show the big display when I swipe down) but this is certainly by design and with a purpose. CLF was offering you the simple step to take to clear the big top pane and get on with your day.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is the truth of it and well said. I meant no disrespect when I replied. 

usersqdoGAvFnI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it is the only solution, then it is lame.  I’m quite aware I can swipe up.  Please forgive me for looking for something better.

If the purpose is to increase one had use, why do I access settings from the top, just to be forced back to the bottom of the phone to swipe up to clear the junk window?

And in the messages, there is still the relatively large window at the bottom for conversations, and contacts, a setting that 99% of people would set and leave (meaning a top function), but we are forced to have it in the active space. 

There are so many problems with sizing of everything in this app.  

usersqdoGAvFnI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a little research Toms Guide: Samsung

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just noticed that the Gallery app starts out with the large top block collapsed, and only expands it upon scrolling down (what I suggested as preferred behavior above). My Files does the same. Most other Samsung apps start with the large panel Maybe there is hope for wider use of the collapsed panel, possibly with the help of Good Lock once it gets an update.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I agree and I opened everything I could think of to see how big the headers are and if they are collapsed or open.. So I have changed my mind even though it doesn't really bother me I like the idea of making it much smaller and reversing it would be great too. I also think that when we  open conversation  we should be able to swipe right to left to slide out the customization panel  We can already swipe left to right to close it. It's a work in progress maybe will see some new designs once they put all the fires out  

BethJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I still don't see the point of the half screen. Is there a way to lock it to the top so I don't have to swipe up every time I go check my messages?