cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userq45SdxCuUe
Asteroid

New icon on my always on display

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U

I noticed a new icon on my always on display. It looks like a sheet of paper with a pushpin stuck in it. Driving me crazy, I don't know what it is.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: New icon on my always on display

@userq45SdxCuUe you have a reminder pinned to your AOD. Double tap the icon, then double tap the X. 

userq45SdxCuUe
Asteroid

Thank you. Learned something new, but how did that get pinned there?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userq45SdxCuUe to pin a reminder to the AOD: select the reminder you would like to pin>select the top right three dots>pin reminder. 

userq45SdxCuUe
Asteroid

I contacted Samsung and received Ticket # 2212329502, spoke with Ashley, she was great. However we were unable to solve the issue. Through the diagnosis efforts I discovered that I am not receiving any notification sounds for email, messages or reminders. She referred me to the local Samsung Care Center.  UBreakIfix, 1100 El Jobean Rd., Port Charlotte, FL 33948, 941-251-0052. Ryan took my phone, did a diagnosis and said there was part of an update missing. He corrected the software issue. Initially it appeared that the phone was fixed. The problem is apparently intermittent. Before I left Port Charlotte I discovered that I still was not receiving sound notifications for email. I brought the phone back to him. He said there was an issue with the software update that he had not seen before. He said it would probably be corrected in the next 1-2 months with a new update from Samsung. He said he would report the issue to Samsung and because of the audio and visual recording going on in his store he could accurately report the issue. He assured me that he would make the report. He did not contact Samsung while I was there. He said he did not feel like being on the phone with Samsung for most of the day. So here I am with very same issues. He said that the Galaxy S9 did not play well with the latest update when the phone was active in Bluetooth. I have a Gear 3 watch that is connected via bluetooth. I have tried with bluetooth connected and not connected and still have the same issues. I am disappointed by this entire experience. I don't feel like this situation was handled appropriately. I thought that Samsung is a world class company and the products were the best. I am using only Samsung products the way they are supposed to be used and I find the response and answers received unacceptable.  I would like the situation to be moved up the chain of command and I would like to hear from Samsung Management so that I can receive an acceptable solution. Thank you.