cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAkx7MHKQqX
Constellation

New update messed up phone

Since my phone updated on Saturday it has been acting weird. It randomly won't connect to my service provider for apps and internet but still gets texts and calls. I also started getting texts from numbers I know with an attachment for a download. I always stop the download before anything happens. This started immediately after my phone restarted from the update. Anyone know what is going on? Could my phone have been hacked during the update?

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: New update messed up phone

@userAkx7MHKQqX wrote:

Since my phone updated on Saturday it has been acting weird. It randomly won't connect to my service provider for apps and internet but still gets texts and calls. I also started getting texts from numbers I know with an attachment for a download. I always stop the download before anything happens. This started immediately after my phone restarted from the update. Anyone know what is going on? Could my phone have been hacked during the update?

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

userprincy
Constellation

At least I'm not tha only 1 having issues since tha update

userEi3l9T326G
Constellation

I am having to get a new sim card for the second time since the new update and it squashes my hotspot capabilities every time.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userAkx7MHKQqX Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?