Original topic:

No Service After Software update

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 1:35 AM)
Members_IArwcB0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

On January 12, I updated my phone with the latest software update and after my phone restarted all service had been lost. No data connection, no calls or texts. I contacted my service provider Visible and went through all the troubleshooting they could think of... Removing and reinsering sim, restarting phone, resetting network connections etc,.  None of it worked and they Emailed me earlier confirming the towers in my area are all fully functional and only leaving me with the recommendation of factory resetting my phone. Not only is this an absolute last result but of course if the issue is the software update ( which I had no service problems prior to) I would only eventually end up with the same software update and with the same issue.

Does anyone know a potential solution for this problem? I was told to call Samsung Tech but that isn't possible since I don't have any service and there doesn't seem to be online chat support for Tech issues.

0 Likes
6 Replies
RMSparbel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
I'm having the same problem
0 Likes
Members_IArwcB0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I contacted techincal Support and they gave me 3 options

1. I could factory reset my phone

2. I could send my phone in or take it to a service center for them to figure out the issue

3. I could wait until the next software update is released because installing a software update overwrites the previous one and could potentially remove the bug that is in this one.

I personally chose the third one because it is the most practical for me. Resetting my phone, ill just have to update back to the latest software update and meet the same issue and service centers are generally for hardware issues. Just forwarding this to you, it might be of some help.

0 Likes
BMWR606
Halo
Options
Galaxy S9
clear system cache
0 Likes
Members_IArwcB0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Tried that when technical support recommended it. The problem still exists

0 Likes
RandyEscarrega
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
I'm having the same issue. AT&T told me it was an issue with Samsung.

This issue also happened when I had the S7 Edge but I was able to revert back to the previous software and it worked fine after that
0 Likes
Members_IArwcB0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

It's sad to hear this happened to you as well. It's a shame Samsung doesn't allow reverting back to previous updates anymore. But since changing updates fixed the problem in the past for you, atleast there is hope that the next software update will fix this bug some of us appear to be wrestling with. Hopefully they check these forums and will release an update soon. Thanks for sharing

0 Likes