Original topic:

No more HD Voice on S9/S9+

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 9:17 AM)
MarkH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9

My and my wife's phone WILL NOT do HD Voice. We receive calls from other people i.e. Verizon, T Mobile and even Xfinity Landlines and they pop up as HD voice for them. But, not us. My wife had an S8 but just got a S9 for her replacement device from insurance. I also just got a new SIM card as my IMS registration somehow got unregistered. Just tonight I drove over by a corporate AT&T store as they usually have a tower very close by. Speed tests are coming out at over 100Mbps and close to 20Mbps upload but you guessed it, no HD voice with either me or my wife. All AT&T phone support says is VoLTE is provisioned and so is HD Voice.

Here is the other thing. Ever since the One UI 2.5 update for our phones the "Advanced Calling" option has disappeared, and so have the "LTE Settings" where it was located. 

I have been made more aware of HD Voice because I started using the Google Dialer and it tells you when the other person is coming through with HD Voice. The Samsung dialer does not tell you. 

I am not sure whether this is AT&Ts fault or Samsungs but I am not a happy customer of either right now and I have never had a problem with either since I have had either for many, many years. 

3 Replies
KoreanTV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9

HD voice  only works if both phones in a call support it.

0 Likes
MarkH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9
I was also pretty sure this is the case but my wife just got a call from someone while on WiFi calling and it came through as HD voice. Tried calling my wife also on wifi calling and guess what, no HD voice. But, HD Voice works with someone else for me too. So, basically it looks like HD voice somewhat works with other people but not each other which makes absolutely no sense.
0 Likes
MarkH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S9
Have gone through a whole thread with a bunch of people on the AT&T forums. I have tracked my problem as being I can do HD voice calls with all other carriers other than AT&T customers which makes no sense. People are trying to tell me thst is my connection blah blah blah, but it's not. Android, iPhones doesn't matter, as long as it's not AT&T. But my wife, my mom, my sister, and step son are all on AT&T and no HD voice. Verizon, T-Mobile/Sprint and MVNOs not ATT do HD Voice.

So, HD Voice on my phone is working fine but AT&T is doing something with AT&T to AT&T calls which is really (explitive) me off. So, this thread is moot now.
0 Likes