cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

Are you using the stocking messaging app? Have you tried changing the notification sound?

user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

I've tried the stock messaging app and 2 others that are on my phone.  They all do the same thing.

Yes, I've tried changing the notification sound.  Ironically, when trying to select a new notification sound when connected to BT or plugged in earphones...you can only hear the sample sound in said earpiece.  Again, illustrating the problem of not sounding on the phone when connected.

Samsung Care Ambassador

What bluetooth headset are you using?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

Same BT I've been using for years...Plantronics Marque 2.  Again, it was working fine up until yesterday and the update.  It's not just BT...it's also when headphones are plugged into the headphone jack.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Interesting... Sounds like some devices may have been left out of the audio profiles. As I said in a previous post, I do not have this issue on the same software build as you.

I just tested with the OEM earbuds and it's working.

Maybe @SamsungAdam can pass this word on to the development team so they can take a better look at getting this patched. It seems to be a hit or miss on who it affects.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

@Rydah I'll take a patch, a full update, anything.  My wife and I both got the Verizon push of this software upgrade yesterday...and we are both experiencing the exact same problem.  @SamsungAdam to the rescue...??? :-)

Samsung Care Ambassador

I totally feel where you're coming from. Although I am not an official Samsung representitive, I value what Samsung is and find it saddening that issues like this are present in final consumer builds. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get patched.

If I've been even a teeeeny bit helpful, please give me a like. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Rydah

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user5ym12JisCi I would reach out to the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset and also verify compatibility with the most recent update.

user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungAdam it's not the Bluetooth's problem...it's the software's problem! Again, we have the same problem when Samsung's factory headphones are plugged into the headphone jack.  That clearly illustrates it's an audio programming issue with the new software update...as it never happened/wasn't an issue prior to the update yesterday.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user5ym12JisCi Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Also, have you tried clearing the cache and data for the messaging app? Are the notification sounds you are trying to use stock notification sounds?