cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbR1QXEhpCp
Constellation

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

I am also affected by this, S9 and a Planstronics Explorer 50. Samsung support couldn't fix after doing everything above. First started out with both texts and phone calls that would vibrate only when the bluetooth was turned on. After clearing caches unpairing and repairing phone calls now work but not texting. Tried all 3 messaging apps too.

userUOuMvg0LvJ
Constellation

Same here. My phone has been wonky ever since the upgrade. When Sony bluetooth is connected, phone goes silent. If I don't have my earbuds in .. I miss the notification altogether. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I have tried everything, nothing works. If I find the cure, I'll be back with it. 

userY99eZwK1vu
Constellation

It's not the BT device I have literally 10 different BT ear buds and it does this with with all of them . 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@user5ym12JisCi I would reach out to the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset and also verify compatibility with the most recent update.

userjDF5qQgdnB
Constellation

The sooner Samsung takes ownership in this the quicker it will be fixed.

Since the last update all of these problems started for everyone. It's easy to pass the buck and say reach out to Bluetooth manufactor but this is a SUMSUNG UPDATE PROBLEM/FAIL!

$1000+ Phones and it's anyone but Samsungs fault!

@userY99eZwK1vu wrote:

It's not the BT device I have literally 10 different BT ear buds and it does this with with all of them . 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@user5ym12JisCi I would reach out to the manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset and also verify compatibility with the most recent update.

userYqV0QeAB8u
Constellation

Adam I'm in Canada and have same issue in my Chev vehicle and also my Volvo dump truck worked fine before the update 

This is a Samsung issue because of your software update it's not the equipment we are using can Samsung just not concede the medded up

userwOw2Jqnyz1
Constellation

All the headsets do the same thing I have tried 8 different ones....cmon fellows

Highlighted
BabyBoi
Asteroid

Having the exact same problem. I have missed SEVERAL texts over the last couple days (quite a few from my sister about our sick grandmother), missing alerts from ALL apps, and nothing I have tried has helped. I even allowed someone from Samsung remote into my phone through Smart Tutor and I still am having the same issue. This has turned me off from Samsung, and after being a mostly Motorola user for years, it may be time to head back. 

Samsung_xixsyj6
Astronaut

Hi

I use textra Messaging app and that works for me.

user5zK1wZvTRY
Constellation

I have a galaxy s8 and am unable to get text message alerts if I am connected to bluetooth (headphones & car) or using the aux jack.  When will this issue be resolved?  Is there a temporary fix till there is an update to fix this?  Really limits the amount point of a smartphone.  Very frustrating!!!  I attached a screenshot of my phones info.Screenshot_20190318-222819_Settings.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to confirm, has anyone tried performing a factory reset on the phone to see if it stabilizes the software? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/