cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0l3WFtMzyy
Astronaut

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  It took place after updates were installed.  A replacement phone worked perfectly, until I updated it with new updates.  Additionally, the text scrolling became quite sticky as well.  

user5vZRWPhCzZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its auguest 2019 and a new update just came out.

I still have the same issues witht eh sound only coming over BT not over the phone. I have to keep poweringon and off my BT which is really annoying.

I i am driving and my car takes over i dont get any sound from it. Only the incoming call sound. So at least thats good I dont miss a call.

When will this be fixed?

I have called Samung and Verizion and no answers.

userZfLJcxhs7B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem occured after the update in January... definately it is a software problem... evident is we can still hear mobile ringing tone but "not" any other notification when bluetooth is connected!!!

Highlighted
usersbIJMMu3dY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam @SamsungSal 

It is not just Plantronics. I have Lg wireless earbuds and no sound notifications from my S9 when earbuds are connected only the sound of phone ringing is played from S9 speaker.  I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years not just with phones but other products and I am about to return my new S9 not only because of no sound notifications on the phone when earbuds are connected but because my Fitbit Versa doesn't receive notifications from my S9 and it is not a Fitbit issue!!! I had a S7 that was receiving notifications until the security update on Dec 1, 2018 so I thought ok a newer phone would fix it. Nope, my S9 received notifications for about a day until the Feb 1, 2019 security update. I posted these issues in several threads in the Samsung community and have taken all the troubleshooting steps provided by Fitbit and still no notifications are being received on my Fitbit Versa!!! 

Obviously Samsung does not care about it's customer's otherwise they would not take away consumer options! #readytoleaveSamsung

userCdu9zYIyx7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not working with blue parrot headsets either 😡

Stikman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 8 on T-Mobil. Its not just plantronics. It does this linked to Sinc in my tow truck. I receive my assignments for work through text message. Before I would hear the notification do I could pull over and see what my next job was. Now I am not getting the notifications and it is effecting my livelihood! 😡

I looks like this posted on the wrong post. This reply was meant for Adam the Samsung guy

userV5ogJbRTPC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have LG HBS 930 and have the same problem on my 2 day old S10

userYmX1vhrrLk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem. When should we see a fix to this problem

ArnettINK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190410-100200_Settings.jpg

I am having the exact same problem as everyone here is stating... I am a truck driver and although the stats I must use a headset while driving, I dont always keep it on my head.  unless i constantly wear them or leave my stereo on BT options I get no sound from my phone only vibration.  None of the options to correct the issue have worked, clearing/resetting this that or the other has worked.. I have the Blue Parriot headset and it too has been updated, still not working... Samsung going to fix this issue or do I go find a new phone with a manufacturer who actually cares.. kinda tired of missing important text message... cant hear phone vibrate while in a semi and law doesnt allow me to hold my phone...

useryHDo5qpcWy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

After updating to Android Pie, My S8+ phone does not ring to notify incoming calls  on phome, google hangout etc. (While its connected to bluetooth)

Model Number SM-G955U1