cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martok
Cosmic Ray

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I even did a factory restore which I really did not want to do. That did not help either! It just made me spend over an hour setting everything back up again. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Martok , I'm a bit sad to hear that this is happening to you and @user5ym12JisCi.

I assume you two are on the latest build (CSAB)? More details would help as @SamsungAdam has said, we need to know what your baseband version is.

I know this is simple and you probably both tried it but have you tried turning all volume levels up with headphones connected? I am a bit stumped that you guys are having this issue as I have not had this happen at all and I've been using One UI for about 3 months now, even before it was announced.

Hope to hear back from you two soon.

Best regards,

Rydah

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried EVERYTHING.  I spent 30 minutes or more with Verizon yesterday.  They couldn't figure it out and told me to contact Samsung.

Searching the internet, this seems to be a very common problem/complaint that nobody has an answer to.  Hoping @SamsungAdam can be the hero!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, sorry to hear that. You use the stock Samsung Messages app, right?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried using all 3 different messages apps (including the Samsung default).  Same problem on all of them.

Highlighted
userwOw2Jqnyz1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

look Rydah you can sugar coat this and jump all around the issue if you want to. You can put lipstick on a pig and its still a pig. Quit dodging the issue by saying its this setting and that setting when all of you know full well that the programmers up and made a mistake in the update. It would take all of 5 minutes to fix but guess what....NO BODY THERE CARES!!!

userYmX1vhrrLk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would be helpful to know when Samsung will have a fix to this issue.  I keep my blutooth headset off so I can hear my notifications and when a call comes in I turn on the bluetooth wait for it to connect then answer the call. This is very frustrating

Baseband version of my phone is  N960USQU1CSC1 

userN3zCc5TowU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same issues. It just started right after the latest update. Please fix this soon as it is very frustrating.
userishrUrZjGM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On April 4, 2019 my s8 updated to OS9.

After the os update when my hearing aid controller connected for phone and audio  , the alerts (text, msg, email, etc) only vibrate no audio sound when on audio/sound profile like it used to.

When I change the controller to phone only (not connected for audio) the alerts now chime like they used to, but of course I can't stream audio , until I go back in and connect audio, which looses my audio alerts.

This is wrong, that's why we have a sound, vibrate , off , sound profiles 

Help get back to the way it was 

userWFEe9CoTzL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They aren't the only ones having the problem. I have all the sounds turned up and I still can't hear any text notifications while the bluetooth is connected. 

I also tried a solution from SamsungRei and it didn't fix the problem.