cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0sT2xgbbsL
Constellation

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem. Dosnt matter what Bluetooth device im using, cant hear any messages at all. I have a samsung 10
Highlighted
bransonboyds
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,
Adding my name to this list to state that as of 6-21-19, this is still happening. I have a Note 8 and have a number of bluetooth devices from conference speakers to earpieces that this is happening on. Glad to have found this thread but ticked off that Samsung hasn't addressed this yet. @SamsungAdam @SamsungRei  Please reply to let us know if there has been any movement on this error in your company's product. Thank you.

userpwGsqutPxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. AT&T Note 9....ever since the update I don't get notifications from the phone with Bluetooth connected. It doesn't matter which model device I have connected, it never changes. 

userjvGubBG2rB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue since last couple of updates. Lost all ability to HEAR any notification even without headset, of incoming text if I'm in that conversation. If I text somene and put the phone down I miss very important responses every time! I literally have to close conversation and even then it's risky. Sometimes I have to close out of Message plus. This is worse then when apple does that swoosh sound mid converstation. The reason I switched was because it caused me to miss a friends last day in the states that night. I thought he never responded and missed a huge opportunity to say goodbye in person. Apple's response was that's just the way it is. Now I'm hearing this from Samsung too. Not happy Samsung. I'm waiting for the Note 10 and if this is an issue with that I think I'm going to look at other phones this time around. (don't even get me started on the blurry videos and short text message capabilities!!) 

userTO6WVj5FgB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with my S8 Active. Updated to Pie on 7-19-19 and have had no notifications through my phone with the BT on. This is a steamy load of BS in my opinion and I'm surprised that after 5 months there is no fix for this. I've been generally pleased with my Samsung devices this far but this is turning me off quite quickly. I wonder if a fix would be found if Samsung heard from an attorney representing all affected device owners??? Just curious. 

user1FIMQQeQLt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem.  I've missed important text messages as well

Charlevoix
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've also had this issue. Another app besides missed notification reminders that can be used as a workaround would be "alertify". This app lets you set a notification sound for not only an app but also for specific key words in the notification. You can then go into the  apps settings and set the alert type to "alarm" instead of "notification".  Now notifications handled by the app will use the alarm algorithm (audible in headphones, bluetooth, and phone speaker). You may have to manually set the do not disturb schedule in settings of the app however, as alerts will no longer follow notification rules but alarm rules, which alarms are not suppressed by the devices do not disturb schedule. Also if you need to silent notifications you'll need to change alert type back to "notification" in the app so that they are silent when you turn the volume all the way down on the phone. 

userkAx2SejSYD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a Samsung Galaxy 10+ and the same thing.  I have tried all of the quick fixes but there is still no sound notification when the headset is connected, neither phone nor text.  Apparently, the newest update did not include this fix either.  It seems quite unrealistic that they would think we all want the same thing  and take away our option of doing it one way or another.  Perhaps, some like it that way, but from the posts, many don't.  I want to set down my headset but still hear my notifications.  I don't want to have to keep my bluetooth in otherwise having to turn it off and carry my phone around so that I don't miss a call or text. On, off, on, off.... I have had many Samsungs in the past and never had this problem, nor did I have the problem even with my recently owned low cost BLU R1 Plus.  Please bring back our options.

Jer-Dan-Fer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. S8 Active after Pie update I don't get notification sounds through my phone with bluetooth on. Only through the headset. I'm a contractor who always has my phone connected to my headset for hands free talking and music while I'm working, but I dont always have my ear piece in, and connected to my truck while driving. I am missing very important texts and emails! Losing money because of you Samsung! Not to mention the horrible battery drain now. Abysmal that you can't correct this. I'm going to buy another Active and turn off updates in Developer Options. Every time there is an update, things get worse. Too bad no one else makes a decent rugged phone. 

Martok
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone had any luck with this issue? I started this post 10 months ago. You think Samsung, Android or whoever's to blame would have fixed it by now. I'm still baffled as to why they took a step backward. When I am in my car, and my phone is connected via Bluetooth, I am missing important messages like crazy. It is both irritating and frustrating. 

I saw the post where one user suggested the app "Alertify". The problem with that is at night time when I silence my phone, text sounds can still come through. I don't want to have to keep switching settings every morning and night. It's kind of ridiculous.