cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose-chan
Astronaut

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

I kinda have the same problem but I can here game and youtube videos but I can hear if someone calls or texts me

Highlighted
Martok
Cosmic Ray

I figured out a fix!!!

Go to Settings>Sounds and Vibrations>Advanced Sound Settings>Seperate App Sound

Turn the switch to the "On" position

Click on "App" and choose your messenger app and any other app you want to be heard through the phone.

Backup to the previous screen and press "Audio Device"

Choose "Phone"

You should be all set. You will now play your message/ phone sounds through your phone without losing audio through your Bluetooth device!

For some reason, it stopped working. Back to square one. I'm sorry that I posted this as a solution!

Itztate94
Cosmic Ray

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, this will help, when you have your phone connected to your vehicle, go to bluetooth settings, and click the settings icon by the name of your vehicle, and click message access.

Nash04
Astronaut

When I'm driving the vehicle's Bluetooth is active and am able to hear my notifcation through the phone but not through my headset if it's powered up which I need for my work.  Samsung.....get your act together or else you'll lose some customers

useroVwiVChWkQ
Constellation

This is not solution, i can check only one app, wft?? This is my last samsung device. Welcome xiaomi

useriLRu4LK2e2
Astronaut

i have a new a50 with this issue. when connected in the car you cannot hear the text, email etc notifications  so you have to look at the phone every once in a while. really annoying. 

also just curious, is the screen supposed to go totally black when you are on a call?

userPAyhs44nSs
Astronaut

Solution:

Settings / Connections / Bluetooth / Advanced -> turn on Ringtone sync