cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userl4Ab5mo1wP
Constellation

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a way to uninstall this latest update? I just got the update yesterday and I don't think my phone will physically survive the amount of bricks and hammers it will soon encounter. I spent 30 minutes reading this thread and am fully convinced that Samsung has shown it's TRUE colors. To think of all the times I convinced people to leave Apple...now I gotta go back!

@Martok wrote:

After the last update, I no longer have text message sounds from my phone if Bluetooth headset is connected. Most of the time, I have my Bluetooth connected and not in my ear. If someone calls, I can quickly answer the phone using the headset. I've been missing important text messages after the latest update. I took the phone to Sprint, and they had me do a factory reset. That did not fix the issue. They advised me to contact Samsung. PLEASE PUT OUT A PATCH TO FIX THIS ISSUE!

userunF1fYqPyi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my Note 9.  I need notifications while on bluetooth.  Why the heck did they take that away?  Please tell me this is going to get fixed.

userVdWvC1iNuD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue today is April 10th 2019. Just got the brand new Galaxy S10 plus Verizon but order directly from Samsung yesterday. Same issue NO and I mean NONE of the notification sounds are coming through if I am connected to Bluetooth unless they come through a my car speakers or on my earbuds. The phone does not make the noise of notification when Bluetooth is connected.  My phone is brand new, I tried both the Samsung texting app and the Verizon texting app both issues as well as email notifications and all others. 

MNJoe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This will be the case for all Pie Android 9 devices.  The problem is Android 9.  I've friends at work with Apple iPhones and it looks like whoever thought this was a good idea sabotaged both devices!  We all need a fix from this lunacy.

usercZw0LhrIa3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is definitely an issue brought about by the latest Pie upgrade, as it functioned properly until then.  When I have my Bluetooth headset connected, I can hear the notification sounds in my headset, but can no longer hear them via the phone speaker (Galaxy S10+).

A workaround is to disable media streaming in the headset settings.  However, this is a nuisance as I am then unable to watch (hear) videos or listen to music through the headset.

Samsung, please release a patch to resolve.   Thank you in advance!

userWr72Ue40kt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, please stop suggesting it's us. It isn't. We all know how to work our phones. The problem is with the update . How is that not clear to you? Please bring this feature back. 

TruckDewdLarry
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the S10 this past Friday and I don't get text notification sounds when connected to my car's bluetooth. I get all other notification sounds such as email, Samsung Pay, etc. When I am connected to my Beats, I get all notification sounds including text notification sounds. When connected to my car, it's for listening to music, answering calls, and reading messages via the Sync system.

userxSYE9tbGYH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's unfortunate, but they're not going to fix it. I have th LG Tone Platinum se with Samsung Galaxy S8plus. We're all just wasting our time posting, but I guess it does help to vent with others...LOL

userxSYE9tbGYH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They're not going to fix it. We will just have to deal with it. Keep you earbuds in your ear is all i can say and make sure your bluetooth is on vibrate.

userX7sXjtt2tH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i went through a bunch of apps to find one that would play through my s9+ device speaker when headset was plugged into aux. port.  The one that worked for me is "Prof Reminder" app in the google play store.  It has a red arrow icon for the app.  It works with missed phone calls and missed text messages.  you can set up time interval and duration in which it will repeat the alert.  It will play on phone speaker when aux. port is used.. i haven't tried bluetooth..