cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPoVIQd0WSG
Constellation

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had same issue... changed the default message sound ,took care of it on an s8..hope it helps

userlHWGAO623L
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Changing default sound did NOT work on my S9+

😞

userlHWGAO623L
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks this helps. I do wish it has more sound choices but it's a big help.  Pie stinks!

@userX7sXjtt2tH wrote:

i went through a bunch of apps to find one that would play through my s9+ device speaker when headset was plugged into aux. port.  The one that worked for me is "Prof Reminder" app in the google play store.  It has a red arrow icon for the app.  It works with missed phone calls and missed text messages.  you can set up time interval and duration in which it will repeat the alert.  It will play on phone speaker when aux. port is used.. i haven't tried bluetooth.. 

uservPFfL3DQmD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got it

userlHWGAO623L
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Prof Reminder is great, playing with it I found ring tones can be added which I use for text msgs.

On the S9+ Bluetooth advanced settings, I turned off 'Ringtone Synch'  & now the ringing is the speaker  & not the headset on incoming phone calls.

Much better.

usernFOQq8sGwQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am very frustrated with this new update to Android Pie. I truthfully havent seen ANYTHING that indicates an actual UPdate...it is more like a DOWNdate of the my Samsung Note 8. Lately it has been [edit]!! Not only does NONE of the notifications (flash/ring/vibrate/etc.) work for calls/texts/emails when connected to any BT device.... the multi-window is now accessed in a non helpful way.  Not to mention the icons look really silly and not professional.  It also keeps disconnecting from S3 Frontier Watch ProHT BT headphones every few minutes. 

Idk if Samsung is trying to mimic Apple or what. But I am an avid Samsug customer, however this is not making me want to invest in Note 10. What all used to be easily accessible and efficient is how cumbersome and frustrating.

Below is the baseband version.

Screenshot_20190429-132246_Settings.jpg

userYqV0QeAB8u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a software problem not a hardware issue and Samsung should own it and fix it I'm looking into changing phones if not fixed

useroXwFkrs1Ds
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Adding my voice to this thread. Read the whole thread, have the same issue as everybody else. S9+, since latest Android OS, if any of my 4 different BT devices/headsets are connected, notifications are not audible on phone
userQN3v13UXq5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upgrade from s8 to s10 lastest phone. And found this notification sound problem with handfree device connected.... what a let down. Its seem like i downgraded my phone with old software.

Pls include the option in bluetooth  for notification like the ringtone sync!!!

userjwxloIon6t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened for me too and finally got annoying that I googled it and found this thread. I read through the first few posts and then jumped to the end disappointed to see this isn't fixed.  Its very annoying and I was also pretty sure it never used to do this. 

+1000 votes to have this fixed as I miss things all the time when Bluetooth is on but not being used.  All the system/notification sounds should go to both BlueTooth and the phone  with an option to toggle this.