cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

Can I please have your baseband version? Does this happen if your device is in safe mode?

user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

Baseband version: G960USQU3CSAB

Have not tried it in safe mode.

UPDATE: just tried in safe mode, does the same thing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user5ym12JisCi give safe mode a try and please keep us posted on if the symptoms still occur.

user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungAdam I had edited response to state I tried in safe mode and same thing occurs...

OH, and FYI, my wife has the same phone and hers is doing the exact same thing after the update yesterday.

userdAVMc0LE8l
Constellation

I would like to add this issue is also a problem with Note9 also. It is not limited to just text notifications. When using a bluetooth headset(Mono earpiece) I lose all notification sounds from my note. I also used to hear the ringtone in my ear piece and from the note simultaneously.  Since the security update on Fri evening,only the phone eliminates the ringtone. Like previous users I am missing important alerts when ever a bluetooth device(headset or speaker is in use) Also happens with wired earbuds. Samsung needs to own up to the screw up and stop blaming outside devices. I would list modle,serial number and such,but I don't feel like ruining my Otterbox phone case,especially since this is not my mistake.

userdAVMc0LE8l
Constellation

Please excuse my spelling.The note dosent eliminate the sound. I meant imminate.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried going to Settings> Sound & Vibration > Advanced Sound Settings? Look for an option to hear audio on a seperate device.

Martok
Asteroid

Yes, that did not help 

userWFEe9CoTzL
Astronaut

I just tried this solution and it doesn't work  I have the Note 9

userWFEe9CoTzL
Astronaut

I just tried this solution and it didn't work.  I only hear my notifications if I'm wearing the bluetooth.   Any other suggestions?