cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

@SamsungAdam I just wiped the cache partition. Cleared cache and data for all messaging apps, restarted phone again...and yes, using stock notification sounds.  Same problem.

LondonKat
Constellation

I am having the same exact problem ever since the One UI update. I have tried everything the OP tried. If there is some way to adjust this in the settings, I haven't been able to figure it out. I fully beleive it's a problem with the One IU update. I also noticed that the blue LED indicator light does not flash to indicate a message when the bluetooth is connected.  This is incredibly annoying. 
WHEN IS SAMSUNG GOING TO FIX THIS?!  It is not a phone-specific problem, it is a problem with the new sofware!!! Please fix these issues. 

JakeAXN
Constellation

Same thing happens to me. Note 8 ONE UI paired with Plantronics Voyager Edge.

All notification sounds (SMS, Viber,  Messenger, etc.) are coming out of BT headset if turned on. Even the unlocking sound of the device is coming from the BT Headset. Have to switch off the BT headset to be able to hear the notification sound from the device.

user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungAdam you know, @JakeAXN brings up a good point. We've been solely focused on text messages based on the beginning of this thread, BUT...he's right...it's ALL NOTIFICATION SOUNDS stop coming out of the phone when ANY headset (BT or wired) is attached. The only thing that sounds on the phone is an incoming call ring.

JamieJ
Constellation

@SamsungAdam adding my name to the list of affected customers. I can confirm all notifications, when any headset is connected, come through the headset and not the phone itself. Even when placing the phone on a wireless charger, the audio feedback comes through the headphones and not the phone itself.

I am running a Note 9 with Jabra Evolve 65 headset and the same happens with my Beats Solo wireless.

My only fix is to turn off the BT headset when not in use, answer the phone then connect the BT headset so I am able to stay informed of any incoming notifications or feedback from the phone.

userfKd7DKwa4o
Constellation

All, this is affecting me too and I just got the new Galaxy S10e. All notifications come through the headset, including calendar alerts. I just missed a very important meeting and am considering returning the phone because of this very BAD feature.

userwAFOreS2uB
Constellation

I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. No text messaging sounds when my Bluetooth headset is connected. I am using a blueparrott B250-XT+ Bluetooth headset. I can hear absolutely no notification sounds at all when my headset is paired with my phone. This is very aggravating as I am a truck driver for a living and I need to hear my notifications. This bug needs to be fixed as soon as possible in this new update that I was forced to take on my phone on 4/12/2019!!!
userX5dabxcAOw
Constellation

Same exact issue with my galaxy s8 and Jabra 65. Everything was working just fine before the Pie upgrade. Now if Jabra is connected, I don't get any notifications through the phone speakers! Only through the headphones! I am missing important texts and meeting reminders because I do not constantly wear my headphones. How do I fix this???
user5ym12JisCi
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungAdamVerizon pushed an update last night...I was hopeful it would correct this issue.  While the update had something to do with sound (as after the update all my sounds returned to default Verizon tones)...it did not fix the issue at hand.  Any thoughts/updates?

usermbz68E4rbs
Astronaut

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS???? ok, all caps is not my thing, but seriously, this is so stinking annoying missing important notifications becaue i do not have my earbuds in!