cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martok
Cosmic Ray

Re: No text message sound when Bluetooth headset is connected

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am the one who started this thread. If you read my original post, I DID do a factory reset. All it did was screw me up for a couple of hours putting in all my passwords. Now that you see this is an ongoing problem, FIX IT already! I have owned Samsung phones and tablets from the beginning. I am about to sell this phone and go with another brand.

It is NOT the Bluetooth headset. It also does it when the earbuds are plugged into the jack.

STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS AND GET IT FIXED!

userwOw2Jqnyz1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell them Martok. I have tried being nice to them about this but its time for them to get off there butt and quit blaming everyone else for there mistake in programming. Fix the thing you can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig

LWood1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S8 - Same problem since updating to Pie and latest One UI yesterday. Bluetooth headset Plantronics and wired headset. - Please send news of when we can expect a fix.

user4KF4OY8qNA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Note 8 and will repeat what the others said.

We've been solely focused on text messages based on the beginning of this thread, BUT...he's right...it's ALL NOTIFICATION SOUNDS stop coming out of the phone when ANY headset (BT or wired) is attached. The only thing that sounds on the phone is an incoming call ring.

This happened only after updating the software with One UI.

Please SAMSUNG, stop escaping from the problem saying it is from the BT devices.

It is clearly from the new software and we need from you to fix it ASAP.

Spiffy0312
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. No sounds when connected to my car on Bluetooth. It is very annoying. I always have to look at my phone for messages etc. I agree with everyone please fix this issue!!!!!!!

wag18
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also experiencing this same issue with my headsets, Bluetooth headset or physically connected Samsung headphones.  I have a Verizon Samsung S9:
Model: SM-G960U

One UI version: 1.0

Android version: 9

Kernel version: 4.9.112   #2 Mon Jan 28 14:27:23 KST 2019

Build number: 180610.011.G960USQ3CSAG

My phone will ring for incoming phone calls in addition to my Samsung Galaxy Watch and Bluetooth connected Anker Soundcore Spirit Pro headphones OR Samsung stock headphones.  None of my notification sounds play through my phone anymore when a headset is connected.  Because of this, I don't hear notifications when I'm working and I don't have an earbud in my ear.  This is annoying as I'm not going to wear an earbud all day long.  That's ridiculous.

This problem was not happening prior to the latest updates.

Samsung, you have a problem.  Not only in your software, but also in your testing of updated software prior to release.  Please fix this ASAP.

userzcC8V2RcPL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei @@SamsungAdam 

Same exact problem for me after the latest update, no audible notifications from my S9+ (SM-G965U) when connected to my car via Bluetooth. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are escalating this concern to our specialized team. As soon as we get a response, we will follow up with you here.

MNJoe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here and it just about got me fired as I wasn't getting alert notifications.  Need this fixed ASAP!

userkHTwxaYePU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue.  Just purchased my galaxy s10 3 days ago. Immediately after activating I was forced to take an update and after that no notifications while connected to bluetooth in my car.  This is incredibly frustrating. Samsung needs to acknowledge this issue or I will be returning this phone and returning to my previous phone which did not have this issue. 

I will make it my mission to post this on every single android related forum I can find. The only thing more frustrating than this issue is the absolutely incompetent and insipid replies from the moderators of this forum.