cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Not allowing to add custom ringtones

I recently had to replace my Galaxy S9 and can no longer add custom ringtones to anything. Every application I attempt to add ringtones to it tells me to make changes in settings, however the settings are all set to permit changes. I mainly use Zedge, and have already followed the instructions available for resetting that app. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Not allowing to add custom ringtones

Give these steps a try: go to settings > notifications > tap on see all under recently sent > tap where it says most recent > select all > locate your app and tap on it > tap on the category you wish to change > tap on sound > and choose the notification tone you wish to use

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello SamsungAdam, I am experiencing the same issue and I suspect customizable notifications to simply have been removed with the last update. The question that was asked initially was about customizable sounds, not to select one of the manufacturer tone like you explained. We know how to do that. 

Thanks for the help. 

Jason - Mtl, Qc, Canada

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@userQpzzv7M9CA

They didn't remove the features for setting custom ringtones and notifications with the last update.

I don't think that you fully understand how to use the default system methods for setting up custom ringtones and notifications.

I think a more appropriate title for this post is I can't set custom ringtones and notifications using the Zedge app. They mentioned this in the conversation.

I have the galaxy S9 and used the default system features to set up custom ringtones and notification with almost every app on the phone. No issues at all. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

Android 10 One UI 2.0 

G960USQS7DTE1

Security Patch Level

May 1st, 2020

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi @CLF , thank you for following up in such a timely fashion, I appreciate. 

Just for the record, I did fully understand what the initial request was about and Zedge Ringtones but I think there might be some confusion. Ringtones are customizable as usual (using the "+" sign on top right corner) but it is not anymore for Notifications. I think this is where initial user might not have been clear but regardless, before a recent update, I suspect May, the same "+" feature was available and it ain't no more. I don't think Samsung wanted to remove the feature, I think it is simply the consequence of having a folder named MEDIAS that was introduced disconnecting Notification from one of it's source for Customized Ringtones. Basically, users simply have to move whatever custom .mp3 files or whatnut from the legacy location to the new. I was able to retrieve all my customized sounds for Notifications, thanks btw to your forum, one of your users gave me the solutions. 

Oh, and also, you should have users restrain from using Zedge, even though they say they have "improved", it is a nasty app that infredge copyrights and includes some spysware that had them banned from Google Play Store for a little while. Unfortunate though, it is such a cool app! 

Thank you and #StaySafe

Jason J. 

@SamsungAdam