cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Notes won't open After Update S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was promoted to update my Samsung Galaxy S9 yesterday and after it finished, my saved notes wouldn't work. I can see the list of them all and the first couple lines of text, but when I click on one, it opens a blank note and freezes. I also cannot create a new note. It opens a blank page, but I can't click in the space and type. I have lots of notes I want to hang onto, so someone please help!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notes won't open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend force stopping the app and clearing the cache. Also, make sure the software is up to date for the app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache for the Samsung Notes app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, this is CLEARLY a bug that was not quality checked before Samsung released the update.  I'm having the same problem that the original poster has.  Samsung Notes was working perfectly before the update.  Post-Update, you can see your notes' headings, but when you select any of them it opens a blank screen, then the app crashes.

All typical methods to troubleshoot, fail. Even powering off.

QA, fix the bugs, and release a hot fix. 

I use the S10+

Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearing the cache didn't work, but updating the app worked! Notes are working perfectly now!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do you update the app?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open Notes, click on the 3 lines on the left side of the page, click the settings gear (top right), at the very bottom click about Notes. This will tell you if it's up to date or not.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to follow your directions. When I click on Settings gear, the app crashes. Any other ideas? I'm worried about losing all my notes if I force stop app.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shoot. Unfortunately, I don't know about the force stop. I think I tried that, but can't remember. Surely doing that wouldn't delete your notes, but I can't say for 100% certainty.... I think if it's crashing, you may have a different issue. It may have to be force stopped. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's ok. Thanks for replying. Going to try force stop.😬

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried doing it and it didnt help it actually kicked me out. My notes are very inportant I need help asap