cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Notification Sounds With Bluetooth

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not work for my a50. I downloaded the sound assistant app and I see this option,  it is unchecked but I have no out loud notification sounds when bluetooth is connected with this option checked or unchecked 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked perfectly, however, there is one small ambiguity in user7I9pY80mkp 's explaination.  

You must TOGGLE  OFF - "Alert through headphones". At first I was thinking I was being instructed to TOGGLE ON this feature. Once I toggled this feature to the OFF position I now have notifications coming through BOTH my BT headset and my S10 phone. Problem solved.

Thanks user7I9pY80mkp - who ever you are! You are a genius. I have been fighting like everyone else. 

JRP

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This also worked for me as a workaround on my Samsung Galaxy S9 (USA).  I installed "SoundAssistant" by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

Go to Advanced Settings > Alerts through headphones > turn Notification to Off.

The only drawback to this is that now you won't get Notifications through your headphones.  However, I'd much rather that be the case than the other way around at this point...

Samsung, you need to fix this back to the way it was.  Just as the phone ringer goes through both phone speaker and headphones, text message/etc notifications need to go through both.  Make it configurable if you really want to please everyone.