cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickap
Asteroid

Re: Notification Sounds With Bluetooth

@PieBrokenBlueto I am using S10, but also using Sony WI-1000x.

It's only just started the last day or so. Before then it was all working the way I wanted it.

I checked to see if any app or something updated but couldn't find it.

I really want to be able to listen to music without constant notification noise.

Schexie
Constellation

I have a S10+ and having the same problem about no notification sounds if bluetooth is connected to a sound device.  So frustrating cause I miss text and other items because there is no sound.  Please fix Samsung!

vanowm
Asteroid

And then add insult to injury, samsung decided ditch notification led on S10 models. Now we not only not getting sound notifications, but we also not getting any visual notifications either.

Good job, samsung, keep it up if your goal is to eliminate customers.

useraXJA3QVvzA
Constellation

on the s10 you go to settings > sounds and vibrations > advanced sounds settings > separate app sound > App > select the app in the list, if not in the list click add apps and find it >back up one screen> select on at the top> audio > device and select bluetooth device instead of phone, its backwards , send a test text . it works for me.

on a S8 and maybe 9  got to settings > connections > bluetooth > click the settings on the bluetooth device >turn it on for calls , default is off, its backwards again on how it works.

user8BmURBIfNN
Astronaut

this worked for me...and you're right. They have it backwards

userMnaWtMvmtM
Constellation

They know the fix but it's not a good one. You have to turn the audio off on the settings from the bluetooth that's connected. But then you lose the audio option for playing music or videos from the bluetooth.  They claim its Google's fault because they provide the update. So the only way to fix it is to complain to them on the phone and web until they have there developers fix the bug. Then they will send to google and wait till the next update.  It could be months. Yay!!, you would think a multi-billion dollars company would have a better solution.  Guess not.

userU7zvJDfdZV
Constellation

I have a workaround for text notifications. 

You use the app Tasker. 

With Tasker you automate you phone to play a sound when you get a text. 

Set up a profile to run a task when you get a text. The task will be the  "play ringtone" action.  The ringtone type will be notification and then the most important part, the stream is "Alarm".  The alarm stream plays on all speakers. You select the notification sound and it should work. 

Next step is to figure out how to get it to respect do not disturb mode so that texts don't wake me at night. 

I hope this helps some people. 

useruhI1SCUQti
Astronaut

While the Tasker app may be a temporary fix, I don't want to have to install another app to fix an update mistake.  It is unprofessional to have earbuds in when talking to a customer and while doing so earlier this week, I missed 3 texts.  I know many of y'all has said this before but we just have to keep hounding them to they revert it.  

Farkey01
Constellation

This was the fix I found for the same general issue.  I do hope it works for y'all.  

"I was having the same issue.  Theres a setting in the new OS that mutes notifications by default on the phone when it is connected to a bluetooth device.  Go to the Samsung Wearables app and select "Notifications".  Once there, you'll see the "Mute Connected Phone" setting.  Toggle it off and you'll be all set.  I hope this helps.  Half a day of googling well spent as far as I'm concerned."  @usereMilgFiQqM 

Highlighted
user0z1runRsdT
Constellation

I figured it our!! Go to settings, sound and vibration, advanced sound setting, turn on "separate app sound", change setting to turn it on, change "app" setting to messages and whatever else you want to come out of the phone, and then change the audio device setting to "phone" Smiley Very Happy