cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereMilgFiQqM
Constellation

Notification Sounds With Bluetooth

Adter the update to Pie, of I have my Bluetooth headphones OR wired headphones connected to the phone, I only get the notification sounds for text messages in the earbuds  Used to be I would get a sound in the earbud and from the phone. I dont always have the earbud in my ear so since the phone makes no noise I am missing important messages. Any ideas?

49 REPLIES 49
usero83RvVOeAK
Astronaut

Re: Notification Sounds With Bluetooth

I am also having same issue. Specially for this dual notification feature of Samsung android devices, I came out of apple world to Samsung.  Now it looks like samsung also doing the same like apple. Please revert these setting back to the way it was prior to PIE. I am using LG HBS-1100 bluetooth headset, Not getting notifications on my phone for any apps notifications after it is connected with Bluetooth. Please revert this setting. Please and thank you. 

userrhyE28erOf
Constellation

Same here. S10+  

userNj4OoqO41o
Asteroid

same here.  Unless I keep the bluetooth ear bud in my ear I am not hearing when I get a text or a Facebook messenger chat.  Anybody find a way to keep phone notifications playing through the phone?

userguQfRUdIQL
Constellation

found the fix!! (Galaxy S8) hope this works for all.

my phone after the latest update lost the notification sounds when connected to Bluetooth in the car. It’s been a week I’ve been battling with this, just found it. 

Go to Settings

Connections

click on Bluetooth 

click on your paired device setting tool gear (in my case Mazda)

Youll see 4 options now, Calls - Audio - Contact access & Message access

Turn OFF AUDIO

Thats it! I have no idea if this will affect any apps that may be connected, hasnt on mine. Everything is working as prior to the update.

note: if your not connected to Bluetooth while doing these steps AUDIO may appear to be off. I literally sat in my car connected to figure this out

Goodluck!

userzo6CGOLRMu
Constellation

That works for Cars, not bluetooth headset devices. Checking the settings under my bluetooth headset now, it only shows 2 options, Calls and Audio. so unfortunately, it does not solve the issue at hand.
userIIXdhCYKAM
Astronaut

Actually, it does.  Just untoggle audio. At least, it worked for me.

Samsung_H524MiA
Constellation

If you turn audio off the music dont work. 

userZyjYI3sQpy
Constellation

This worked for me. I hope it will continute to work. Now if I can find a solution to  the "there aren't any new messages" when I ask my Note 8 to read text messages. This is another problem that started with the update that samsung is not providing a solution to. I live in a hands free state and this was a huge benifit and reason for upgrading to the Note 8. To have it stop working due to an update is an major hardship.

userG7FBOsT7PC
Constellation

It worked for using my Samsung Level pro bluetooth headphones, but you have to turn audio back on when you want to listen to music or videos. And then turn it off when you want notifications. 

Samsung really needs to fix this asap bc it stinks having to keep changing it