cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOEpKDXPCRu
Constellation

Re: Notification Sounds With Bluetooth

This is so disappointing Samsung with these bugs I have been having this issue since the update DO YOU EVEN CARE SAMSUNG that your costumers are issue with your devices????

useryy5OI9VX80
Constellation

I'm having the same issue in my car. Before the update I could hear the notifications from my s8 even when the car was on radio, and still answer incoming calls over bluetooth. Now if I want to listen to radio I have to disconnect the Bluetooth, so I can hear notifications. I drive uber so I rely on the ping to make money, I had a great experience with the Bluetooth connection before the update, now it's a pain! Someone please listen to all these complaints and do the right thing cause this is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed asap. 

userhADAotgvja
Constellation

This stinks but I was able to implement a work around for my wife. I installed an App called "Missed Call Reminder" which we set for 3 minutes. Not the best but it will notify her with a non-blocked notification three minutes after the message comes in.

useraBOVdzKclh
Constellation

I have the same issue.  Now I have to turn off my Bluetooth headset unless I'm listing to music or books.  This is stupid now I only know about a message if I happen to look at my screen FIX IT SAMSUNG

mickap
Asteroid

I seem to be having the opposite problem and I don't know what's happened.

I use Sony bluetooth headset. For months it's worked as planned. When I'm connected, if my phone is on loud then I can hear muic & notifications through the headset. If my phone is on vibrate or silent, then all I hear is the music and no notifications.

Suddenly today, no matter what mode my phone is in, I hear music and all notifications through the headset. I tried a normal wired one, and that stays silent if I need it to.

It's all just changed overnight for me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried forgetting the paired devices, Wiping your cache partition and repairing your Bluetooth devices?

You can use these steps to clear your cache partition of the device.

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVSuzGqEvpS
Asteroid

I have the exact same issue as described by @mickap and the fix given by @SamsungZell did not work for me.

mickap
Asteroid

My problem got a whole lot weirder.

Not only could I NOT switch of notifications with Bluetooth headset on silent, the notification started to duplicate and sound off 2 or 3 straight after each other making it sound like real echo. That was happening through headset and on normal handset sound.

I booted into safe mode and back again which seems to have stopped the duplicate notifications. Haven't tested the Bluetooth yet.

To be clear though, it wasn't a 2nd reminder notification, it was repeating before the first notification had finished. Weird.

And I've tried all the other resets including resetting all network settings.

I am having the exact same issue as @mickap., using a galaxy note 9 and sony wi-1000x.

Duplicate notification sounds and no way to stop notification sounds playing.

The bad thing is that even when I disconnect the headphones, the notification sounds will keep playing out of my phone speaker even though my phone is on vibrate, and when I receive phone calls my phone wont vibrate at all and makes no sound.

Restarting is only way to bring it back to normal, but if i reconnect the sony earphones the problem begins again. 

Really frustrating and I am pretty much unable to use the earphones with the phone unless this is sorted.

userVSuzGqEvpS
Asteroid

@PieBrokenBlueto  Yeah, this has started happening to mine too. Mine has also started vibrating when notifications come through to the headphones now too.

Previously I had fixed all of these issues with hard restarts and letting the phone sit for a minute or so before switching it back on but that isnt the case now.