cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
app73n3rd
Constellation

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9

Seems like notifications in general are a complete mess. Phone already got one OTA update too. Hopefully this gets fixed with another update soon. 

userbCVNsmIPrM
Constellation

SAMSUNG !! Do you see this??

At lease give us an option like in the attached image. I'm using the Textra SMS app and it has this available for their end users.

Give us SOMETHING! 

Photo by Stephanie Roberts
Explore Stephanie Roberts's photos on Photobucket.
perlmane
Cosmic Ray

Got a new Samsung Experience download this morning. Fixed nothing! Disappointing.

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
userzkaKZDqHrQ
Astronaut

Rumour has it that this is standard behaviour for now.  I get the badges to appear but as soon as I open the app they dissappear.  So if I have 3 unread emails in my Gmail and I open the app the 3 disappears even if I didn't read them.  THis has been going on for months. Is Samsung interested in fixing this issue?  

Very poor response from them.  I thought after the debacle of the S7 Note they would be more in tune with their customers.

userLsw37xzMDx
Constellation

Hello everyone! Hope all is going well for you.

I'm new to Android phones and thought this was business as usual. 15 years of apple has me spoiled on those badges though. I've been missing so many important notifications. But, I do think I'm liking android better despite this issue. If it persists, I guess my next phone will not be a galaxy...

If anyone does find a work around or know of any apps that pop up notifications on the app icon please PM me...

Also, I'm still a bit green on this OS, despite hours of web searching and I sure could use some bite size tips.

Oh and to Samsung, get with the program guys. They call it customer service not customer servant. We are your stakeholders so help out huh? Thanks. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userLsw37xzMDx, I ran across these helpful steps for you to try; Click Here

Please let me know if this works for you.

userPN1cwplf09
Constellation

This does not work. This is the same "solution" that has been posted dozens of times in this thread. It has been months since this problem surfaced with the Oreo update. Why hasn't it been fixed? Don't Samsung employees use their own phones?? 

userPN1cwplf09
Constellation

@Heisenberg wrote:

@userPN1cwplf09

There's only one solution to this issue and it's use a launcher that has this feature, two of the best software developers in the business microsoft and google are giving us launchers better than touchwiz free of charge that have this feature, if you don't want to use other launchers that's on you.

Your phone isn't broken!

I am using Nova Launcher with Tesla Unread to get my badge icons until Samsung fix this.

This is a workaround, not a solution. Doesn't change the fact that I'd like my Samsung phone to work as it used to, as intended, with its original launcher.

Furthermore, the Google Now launcher does not support badge notifications with unread counts.

Finally, what's up with your tone? This is meant to be a supportive forum.

perlmane
Cosmic Ray

There are so many people frustrated with this. Only partial Solutions are available. Samsung refuses to even respond to this issue. And they admit they have the problem. They told me that it is a universal problem with the version of software. I told them to look at LG and they will see that it is not Universal. When I told them to look at LG, that got their attention. Still no commitment to doing anything about it however.

Completely unacceptable!

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
usero1E6UF415L
Constellation

This is a VERY frustrating oversight in my opinion. Why would a perfectly functioning feature be altered in such a regressive way? I miss several notifications almost daily due to the phantom notification issue that's very clearly present. Someone definitely threw in a "0" somewhere where there should have been a "1". 

How has it taken many third party "solutions" to arose and this seemingly simple fix hasn't even been addressed?