Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perlmane
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9

+1 

Totally agree. 

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
userxbbrBMELx3
Asteroid

I haven't had the chance to look at another brand, are you saying on LG the badges and the swiping away but keeping the number works? And is that a stock LG experience? 

perlmane
Cosmic Ray

I saw it working at an AT&T store model.

Thing is, I don't like the LG device. 

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
userxbbrBMELx3
Asteroid

@perlmane wrote:

I saw it working at an AT&T store model. 

Wow, I wonder how they got around it. I've never seen a launcher handle badges across all apps better than TouchWiz, it really is a shame it's not working . I still think it has something to do with the way Google rewrote notification handling in Oreo, but we now know that there's a way! I doubt Samsung would honestly just not care at all about this. There must be some tech reason. 

Comet

@userxbbrBMELx3 wrote:

I haven't had the chance to look at another brand, are you saying on LG the badges and the swiping away but keeping the number works? And is that a stock LG experience? 

try this simple video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcBVioEyDGY

Is your notification badges or App Icon Badges not working? Here is the solution for you if you have everything turned on. Very simple and fast and you'll be good to go. SUPPORT ME: Jimmy is Promo Merch!!: https://teespring.com/stores/jimmy-is-promo-store Galaxy S9/S9+ Playlist: ...
ChrisL91
Cosmic Ray

@Heisenberg wrote:

@userPN1cwplf09

There's only one solution to this issue and it's use a launcher that has this feature, two of the best software developers in the business microsoft and google are giving us launchers better than touchwiz free of charge that have this feature, if you don't want to use other launchers that's on you, stop complaining.

Your phone isn't broken you are!!

Have you tried these launchers and found they work for every app? Even half your apps? I've tried Microsoft, Nova and Apex (and of course Touchwiz) launchers. None have worked so far on even half my apps. Every launcher I've used won't show the proper badge count on the Airbnb, Email, Voicemail and other apps. I've been using Nova for now since its better than nothing, but its still nothing compared to what we had with Nougat.

userxbbrBMELx3
Asteroid

I also got an update, was excited but then my heart sank. Yuck! 

userp5x4Mh9Roe
Constellation

They need to fix this soon. It is seriously affecting my responses to people. I am about to switch phones if they don't fix this soon . This is a terrible experience fir the customer. 

userR39RRZGsak
Constellation

Having the same problem

BLU-BERRY-PIE
Cosmic Ray

Hello, i dont know if there is a ongoing technical  issue with badges being displayed but i did find the process toooo complex to set these adequatley. I will re-post here on what i had replied to someone else having an issue with setting up badges in case this helps. There are about 3 different areas that all relate to icon badges and how to properly set the notifications up. Here you go, hope this helps

If you go to the main settings in your phone, then go to notifications, you will want to check that icon badges is clicked on.

Then, you can scroll down the list there to select messages and click  the word "messages" to enter more adjustment options for texts. 

Here, you have more options. Make sure it is clicked on for notifications. Then, make sure app icon badges is clicked on. Then, click the words general notifications to enter another screen with more in depth options.

You can select the words "importance" to enter that screen and keep or remove the pop up preview. Also on the general notification area, there is another app icon badges to tick on or off.

Finally, another area to check is in the main Settings area, click search and type "badge" this will yield "app icon badges" and here you can tick on or off and at the bottom, there is an option to show badges with numbers.