userawKysKaOjd
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9

Tried all of that. Still broken.

JWilsonTL
Cosmic Ray

That didn't work for me.  

Why is this thread marked as "solved" ?   It's not even CLOSE to being solved yet.  

userv5xbpWcM4k
Asteroid

Problem is not solved. Badges are cleared when notifications are dismissed. Is it not possible to restore the behaviour from Android Nougat?

user2tmb5YfcZ5
Constellation

Settings:apps:3 dots upper right corner:special access:notification access: toggle on samsung experience home. 

Worked for me. 

userK1JSBoSUbh
Constellation

Not solved for me either. Same issue as most, when notifications are cleared then the badge is cleared. 

userx9QPX3Ooa9
Constellation

I don't know why this is marked as solved, when it's still an ongoing issue. I went to Samsung Support's Facebook page and although "Donna" tried valiantly to assist me, the end result was that when I used smart m Smart Switch to transfer my information from my s8+ to the s9+, the coding must've been incompatible. Long story short,  I'm exchanging my s9+ and that should prevent the coding issue, since it's s9+ to s9+.

@userR39RRZGsakwrote:

Having the same problem

Avasgrandma77
Cosmic Ray

Then why do they keep telling us to use Smart Switch? Without Smart Switch, you lose all of your messages and other files. Some of us do not have the option to exchange our S9+ nor can we afford to lose our data we have saved thru Smart Switch as Samsung has been promoting us to do. 

Arkdom
Asteroid

Unread count is important. This new feature is a downgrade. Samsung should revert back to at least an option for always on unread count. 

useraz5iaUwspT
Constellation

Can you also ask them why we can't assign contacts different notification sounds? Very frustrating that the small but useful features are gone. 

user1a7Hlg6Day
Constellation

You can I just did all my family when you go to the edit go down a little bit more and click that arrow down and will give you a space to do it