cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perlmane
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notification badges

Booooooooo!

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
userzmi2CulXZn
Constellation

Nope...Didn't work for me either

EDIT: Looking at the Update description it was just a security patch. 

usernVRIdz073X
Astronaut

userbxCYbCVO2x
Constellation

After searching for 2 days on a fix I decided to download the Nova Launcher.  In the process of turning on the Launcher I realized that my default launcher was Microsoft which I had downloaded for email.  I changed it back to the Samsung Launcher and no more problems.  Hope this helps. 

perlmane
Cosmic Ray

Let us know if it keeps working. 

I never had a bad day. Hope you never do either...
userb6CekceLP4
Constellation

I have tried everything described in this thread and nothing works properly. I dont get stock email notifications at all. Whatsapp notifications are ok. Still disapear when I clear preview..  However group chat notifications dont show at all....

Does anyone know if there will be a fix for this soon?

userTcNhX0GRhR
Constellation

Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this particular case is to check the app icon badges setting of the phone and make sure that it is in the on position.

Open the phone Settings
Tap on Display
Tap on Home Screen
Tap on App Icon Badges
Make sure that the App Icon Badges is turned on then make sure to tap on show with number.
userY1H1Gblf0T
Constellation

I have the same trouble with my S9.  Every setting is correct, but still no little number appears next to my text messaging app.  However if you download the text messaging app "MOOD",   It has a separate built in icon that pops up on your screen when you have an unread message come in.  It is not the perfect fix to the app badge problem, but at least it will let you know when you have a new message without opening the app every time.

userjpEeg6lhWz
Astronaut

The same thing happened with my samsung A8 and it is very annoying. It would be great if there was a fix for this. 

userawKysKaOjd
Cosmic Ray

Notification Badges Not Working on Galaxy S9+

Not sure what is going on here. I'm not getting notification badges on app icons. I've set the apps (Facebook and Words with Friends, etc.) to show notifications. I've made sure that the apps aren't being restricted by the battery optimization and set them so that they are not allowed to sleep and still nothing. Not sure what to do at this point. I've gone into Settings/Apps/Special Access/Optimize Battery Usage/All Apps and turned OFF the battery optimization. Nothing seems to work.. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.