cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user42dW8b3zzg
Constellation

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9

Once you clear the notification, the number on the badge disappears as well even when the message hasn't been read. This is a terribly annoying setup, please fix asap!!! Just got the s9 last night and I'm not happy with this issue. Everything else on the phone is great. 

usersSyjQ0UEPH
Constellation

I am also very unhappy about this issue. Thinking about returning my S9 plus.

ChrisL91
Cosmic Ray

I got my S9+ today and found the same behavior. So I guess this is a design "feature". This is very disappointing. I much prefer the app badges over the notification tray for quick-glance information. My S7 would keep the badges until I opened the app. This needs to go back to the way it was. Where can I file my complaint about this? 

user15HIhSJ5aU
Astronaut

Same to me for my S8+. This needs to go back to the way it was

userWVMbbqopto
Constellation

I am also not seeing badges on my home screen. I seem them some times in the drawer but not in the home screen at all. 

userCGT4QKeJJ2
Constellation

Having the same issue s9 plus, how did this not get picked up in testing !! 

user5Af7HW3hZ3
Astronaut

Hi,

I just had new S9 plus and I am not even getting notification sounds for whatsapp messages. Any problem?

userz1CwWzCCt4
Constellation

Same here. After trying to get it work I realized you cannot get the badge to show unless you allow previews in the notification tray. Whose idea was that? Why cant I just get a badge without anything less like I did in the past. This also applies to the SMS client. Not liking this at all.  

userHsvd7fLJvn
Constellation

I found the problem for me. The icons created by Smart  Switch on the homepage don't accept the number. Remove that icon and replace with icon from your apps. Fixed the problem for me. Popups not needed.

user16VrLgq6cr
Cosmic Ray

@userHsvd7fLJvn

I thought so!! i had a read through some posts on line and thought it could have something to do with smart switch... Im all good now. THANKS