cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useru3Nv6T574t
Constellation

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9

Maybe - maybe not. I deleted the icon from the home screen and re-added the app icon for the ones I know that smart switch moved over from my S7. I get badges now but ... I have 31 unread messages in gmail but the badge shows 512. I don't think the badge code is working yet. This is really busted.

I have 7 unread items in Nine but the badge shows 8.

ChrisL91
Cosmic Ray

This didn't work for me. I still only get badges on an app as long as there is a notification in the notification shade/tray. As soon as I clear the notifications from the shade all the app badges disappear, even if I have unread email, text messages, etc. FB Messenger doesn't display badges at all, even after I followed the instructions in the "Solution" post. Are you sure this is "solved"?

userW8C4BY2K8N
Astronaut

When my numbers were high for gmail, I noticed that it was counting my whole folder. Trash included. I deleted the trash and the numbers went way down.

userawKysKaOjd
Cosmic Ray

This DID NOT work for me. The problem remains unsolved. 

userOYz10kCHgA
Constellation

No luck after trying all solutions offered in this thread. 

Email badge started working before I looked up this problem, but my messaging badge still does not work at all.  Never shows any numbers or dots despite receiving incoming messages. 

Avasgrandma77
Cosmic Ray

When I was part of the Oreo Beta, I had the same issue. Samsung told me to go to: Settings, Apps, ... in right corner, then click on Notification access. And turn on there. 

userXYXuJWFpGv
Constellation

Thank you! This appears to be the fix for me. I'll reboot and give it a few more tests. Smiley Surprised)

Avasgrandma77

When I was part of the Oreo Beta, I had the same issue. Samsung told me to go to: Settings, Apps, ... in right corner, then click on Notification access. And turn on there. 

usersM7pas8G9D
Astronaut

Re: Notification badge icon not working on Samsung Galaxy S9 - SOLVED

Yes, this is the solution (slightly modified):

You need to go to:

Settings -> Apps -> ... (3 dots in upper right corner) -> Special access -> Notification access -> Samsung Experience Home -> and switch it ON (if of course was switched off for any reason)

For me it solved the problem Smiley Happy

userHDWcel2eDt
Constellation

I have the same issue on my g9+. I tried all the suggestions with no success.

user8PRvDG5XPW
Constellation

Its clearly an oreo issue

Didn't have this problem on my note 8 yesterday

I'm pretty sure it's because of the conflict between the old "unread counter" and this new notification counter badge. The two are very different in nature but the look alike. I bet this confused the programmers.