cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereUtS2F4IjO
Asteroid

Notification ringtone

JUMP TO SOLUTION
When I receive a text message my notification ringtone responds just as it should. Then I send a return text to the sender and place the phone nearby. If that sender decides to respond to the message I sent to her there is no notification sound. Only way I find out there was a response is to physically pickup the phone to visually see if there is any response. Maybe there is some setting I have failed to setup properly? Thanks for any advice.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usereUtS2F4IjO
Asteroid

Re: Notification ringtone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks CLF,  I think that is just what I was looking for.  So, in essence, by going back to the Home page the 'focus" is no longer on the Message app, but instead, the focus is on the Home page, while Message app is in the background.  And all arriving messages kickoff the ringtone.  Cool.

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you closing the messaging app before you lay the phone down?

usereUtS2F4IjO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, and I suspect that is the problem.  I just thought if I was anticipating some response to leave it on rather than shutdown/startup/shutdown/etc.  Thanks for taking time to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am happy to assist. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We don't have to close the app. We can  use the navigation back button or gesture to go to the messages app home page. Put the phone down and you'll get the notification sound and edge lighting display when they reply  Turn the screen on and Tap the conversation. It only mutes the notification when the conversation is open  

usereUtS2F4IjO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks CLF,  I think that is just what I was looking for.  So, in essence, by going back to the Home page the 'focus" is no longer on the Message app, but instead, the focus is on the Home page, while Message app is in the background.  And all arriving messages kickoff the ringtone.  Cool.

Thanks for your help.