cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUDGnk9AoSt
Asteroid

Notification sound, but no notification

My Galaxy s9 keeps making the notification sound and vibrating, but no notification is coming through. I swipe down to see my notifications and nothing is there. I still get notifications when something is actually coming through, but it just randomly makes the sound with no notifications. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification sound, but no notification

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userUDGnk9AoSt
Asteroid

So to be honest with you, I don't know what safe mode is. And I just searched for it in my settings and nothing came up. So I don't believe my phone is in safe mode, but I'm not sure. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This should help with safe mode:

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

userUDGnk9AoSt
Asteroid

Okay, I was able to turn on safe mode, but do you know of a way to resolve the issue without having to be in safe mode? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Safe mode is just a troubleshooting test, so I can try to pinpoint the issue.

userUDGnk9AoSt
Asteroid

@SamsungLarry @Okay, what should I do now? The issue is still occurring.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userUDGnk9AoSt If the issue not appearing when your phone is in safe mode that will mean that it's a 3rd party app causing the issue. Do you remember downloading an app and this issue appearing?