JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification/ status bar disappears.

(Topic created: 11-15-2018 04:52 PM)
ToytheTiTan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I remember doing this in settings somewhere so that I would have more screen space but it has become more of a hassle than a help and cant change it back. Except on the home screen I have to swipe from the top to see the time, battery% ect... cant remember where I changed it but I didnt do anything extra like root or even connect to pc. How do I get this back to normal without factory reset? 

userqtxK7H5TwG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I believe they changed that on the last update.  I HATE IT!   A real PITA when I want to go back a screen and have to swipe at the bottom now to get the bottom status bar, and end up clicking on links that I don't want!!!

0 Likes
userp3eXrlNben
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Figured it out! When the screen shows up, double push the dot on the left side and it will stay!

userp3eXrlNben
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I mean the home/recent/back bar
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Settings....di

@userqtxK7H5TwG wrote:

I believe they changed that on the last update.  I HATE IT!   A real PITA when I want to go back a screen and have to swipe at the bottom now to get the bottom status bar, and end up clicking on links that I don't want!!!

Settings.... display....navigation bar

0 Likes
usersa8ECr9Q0J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My reply about switching off the notification bar in samsung internet only worked for the first restart & doesn't work thereafter! Sorry!

0 Likes
userB5CivdeJwo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I use Nova Launcher and it disappeared for me. When I went to the "look and feel" settings, there is a setting for the notification bar there. Toggle "show notification bar" and it will be on the top your home screen just like before. I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question .

userwmLMXVREHO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much! This solved my problem! 

0 Likes
RockingZ91
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Change your background to a default image and it should come back to normal. You then can put your current background back on and it should hopefully stay on. Hope this helps you. 

0 Likes
userxPcxk4ATiK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not totally related but this solved two problems I had with;

a) my lock screen disappearing and only being able to unlock the phone by swiping up/down

and b) my quick settings being inaccessible

Brilliant! Thank you :3

0 Likes
Udi9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is it happening with every app you open?
I don't think there's a system wide setting that makes the status bar disappear, it's usually controlled by the app you're currently using.
There is, however, a setting inside the Samsung Internet browser just for that, so maybe that's the setting you remember changing:
Open Samsung Internet >>tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner of the screen>>Settings>>Advanced
Turn on Status Bar.
0 Likes