cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Notifications have no sound

No matter what I do,  I can't get my notifications to work. Even when I try to choose them, I get no sound.  My volume is set as high as it will go, and nothing is set on mute. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Notifications

@userdLB26TjEBz 

Do you have any lock screen apps? Do you have any themes running? 

To wipe the cache partition, which may help:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Finally, try the help items in this article: https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s9-app-has-no-sound-notification-1096942

If they work for you, let us know which one helped here.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Did all but the factory reset. Still no sound when a message is sent. Thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Galaxy

settings, sound and vibration, notification sound, then choose which one. also go to notifications and make sure all apps are enabled for notifications
Highlighted
Asteroid

Checked all settings and made sure apps were enabled. Followed solutions in article from Comet. Still no sound.