cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

One UI 2.0, Android Auto, "This internet connection is not strong enough"

Somewhere between Google and Samsung, the ONE UI 2.0 (Android 10 update) broke Android Auto.  THere is a MASSIVE discussion going on over at the google forums, but there should also be one here as it appears that the only phones affected are Samsung phones that have been updated to Android 10.

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/26362828?hl=en

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: One UI 2.0, Android Auto, "This internet connection is not strong enough"

I have no idea what you want me to do

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Maybe run it up the chain that we the consumers expect Samsung and Google to work together and come up with an EXPEDIENT fix for a problem that was known BEFORE the update was released and pushed out anyway.   This is really unacceptable that a problem identified during Beta testing was not fixed before it was pushed out.  In the meantime, since neither Samsung or Google seem to be in a rush to fix the problem, maybe they can send out a Rollback update.  I am about to activate my old S8 on Android 9 so I can fix a problem that you guys knew about.  Hopefully, you fix it before I am due for an upgrade.  If not, it won't be a Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue since the upgrade.   What is being done to resolve this?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Been over a month since Google claimed to have an update available.  The only people that it seems to be working for are those that have received the one UI 2.1 update (or those that did not get the Android 10 update).  Buuuut, Samsung is being slow to roll it out.  Glad that neither Google nor Samsung seem to care about the customers.....

Highlighted
Constellation

Nope... Doesn't work on 2.1 either. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

The Android 10 update also broke my Android Auto.  Everything worked perfectly before the update.  Ever since it updated I cannot use "Ok Google" or "Hey Google."  I also cannot respond to texts, I always get the error message about the internet connection not being strong enough.  Sometimes Spotify won't work.  So ... these are the main issues I bought a Kenwood head unit with Android Auto.  Why did I spend $1000 on a head unit to use Android Auto (along with my $999 phone) to only have it work for a few months prior to the update?  Beats me! It doesn't seem like anything has been done to fix this issue and it has been going on for months.  This is totally unacceptable, I am to the point where I don't know if I would take another Samsung phone if it was FREE!   I am planning to switch to Apple as soon as my contract is up.  At least they just have one phone operating system to deal with.  I have been using Android since Galaxy 3 (before that, I was iPhone).   This will most likely be my last Samsung phone.  Thanks for ruining my driving experience ... at least I bought a head unit that works with Car Play too.