Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

One UI 2.1 for s9

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did anyone get one ui 2.1 for their s9, s9+ or note 9? The release schedule for these devices was end of june.. we are half way through july now and I still didn't recieve an update.. is it only me?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: One UI 2.1 for s9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
NOTE 9, Still stuck on Beta of 2.0 unlocked version on TMOBILE
Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Updates are sent out through Carriers. Once The update is ready through Samsung, Samsung will send the update out to your carrier. Then your carrier will make the small changes that it needs to. Once your carrier is ready, they will send out the update in waves to multiple devices at a time. You can always try restarting your device to see if the update shows up in your settings. You can always also reach out to your carrier and see if they have a timeframe as to when they will be sending out the update. I hope this helps!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
JoshQ we all know how it works,you didn't answer the question, what is going on with the update nobody got it atleast in the US and I personally I'm stuck on may security patch.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The moderators on this forum really are useless. As a matter of fact, I don't think they are real hoomans.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think you are mistaken on both counts. The moderators here are generally forum members and Samsung device users who go out of there way to try to share some experience while maintaining civil discourse on the board. They find themselves repeatedly responding to very similar questions, like "When will I get One UI 2.1?" so it's not surprising that they provide some stock responses, modified as needed. What they generally are not is Samsung employees with inside knowledge of release schedules (which employees would not be at liberty to reveal anyway), nor are they clairvoyant. No one here can tell you when your device will receive an update. What you will eventually see is forum members posting when they do receive the update, and their experiences with the update.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still stuck on one UI v. 1....