cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamakittyhawk
Constellation

Option to attach photo to text message has disappeared

There used to be an icon (+) to attach photos to a text message. This is no longer a feature in messages. Although I can get around it by going to the photo and sharing it via text, but that's not very efficient.

Was this option removed with the last update or am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6
mamakittyhawk
Constellation

Re: Option to attach photo to text message has disappeared

Hi CLF,

Thanks for the response. Correct, I used to have exactly what your screenshots show. But these icons have disappeared. I've attached a screenshot so you can see that there is no longer an option for attachments.

mamakittyhawk
Constellation

Also, to clarify - this is whether I start to type first or not.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@mamakittyhawk

That's a little strange. You had them and they just disappeared. Have you tried the usual trouble shooting steps, Clear the messages app cache files, backup all your messages to Samsung cloud and clear the messages app data, Wipe the system cache partition ect.

Version 10 1 40 77 is the version I'm running. Is yours the same version?

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

If you've installed any third party apps recently or a theme that you suspect might be interfering with the messages app boot into safe mode for a minute and check if the icons are showing again.

CLF 

The-dino
Galaxy

Hey, s8 on pie here, don't see the issue, seems that your version of Samsung messages was corrupted or something. Try disabling messages (which reverts it to the default version), deleting its cache, then enabling messages, updating it to the latest version of the app

BigBin
Constellation

@mamakittyhawk I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?