cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Overheating after update

My S9 recently update to Android 10 and One UI version 2;my phone now is having problems with the overheating and the battery draining very quickly. I did a factory reset on it, but that did not solve the problem. Is there anyway I can revert to Android 9 and the previous version of One UI? Or anything else I can do to solve the problem? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Overheating after update

Hello,

I see you have mentioned, you already performed a factory reset on your device. Did you restore any third-party apps after the reset?

Let's try wiping the system cache on the device.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello, i have same problem 

Software info:

Android 10

One UI 2.1 

G960FXXU9ETF2

When i play game phone overheating and gave lagg  need to freez out

i try wiping the system cache no change

Highlighted
Asteroid

I took the phone in today to exchange it under my carrier's extended warranty and found out I could trade my old phone in and get quite a bit of money off of a new Samsung S20, so that is what I did. 

However, to answer your questions so that other people might be helped, I did reinstall all of my third party apps that were on my phone prior to doing the factory reset AND did a cache wipe a couple of time AFTER the factory reset and the phone still kept overheating.