cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAjpAeS8Mfa
Constellation

People can't hear me!!!

I have been having issues for months and they are getting much more frequent.  When I  try to make or receive a call people can't hear me.  I can hear them. This is not all of the time but has been getting much more frequent. 

If I restart. It will work for a short time. So, yes, I have to actually restate my phone if I plan on making a call!

I have tried everything I have read online and even did a factory reset. Hours of setup time wasted because it didn't help!

I have also just started dropping calls, sometimes before they even connect. Service is good and not the problem. 

Samsung chat said I had 2 options, take it to a repair center which is over 60 miles away and/or send it in and be without a phone for about 3 weeks! 

Neither of these options are great or convenient! Anyone have other options? I know some places around the world are starting class actions because of these.

I need help please!

9 REPLIES 9
userMRAtIaaXhw
Constellation

I had the same problem about (2) months ago with my Galax...

I had the same problem about (2) months ago with my Galaxy S9 phone. I could hear great but no one could hear me at all, zip.

I took my phone into the AT & T Store and they spent about (4) hours trying to diagnose the problem. Everytime they ran diagnostics on the phone everything would come up that the phone was working perfectly! (Ugh, I was soooooo frustrated!).

Finally we decided that we had to send it in on the (1 year) Warranty Return. Apparently, if you pay the $19.95 fee for faster shipping, you can keep your phone until you recieve the new replacement phone and Samsung will send you a Postage Pre-Paid Shipping Label to ship your old phone back to them.

Make sure you transfer whatever information or pictures or ??!! in a quick-like fashion. Samsung will call you and remind you to return the phone or you will be charged $194 for the cost of the phone! Although the representatives were very polite and will give you extra time if you need it.

We called Samsung at almost 5pm on a Wednesday late afternoon and on Monday I recieved the replacement phone.

THIS WAS THE BEST USE OF $19.95 THAT I HAVE EVER PAID !!!

Hope this helps. There is nothing worse than trying to talk to someone and they can't hear a word you say!

userAjpAeS8Mfa
Constellation

Re: I had the same problem about (2) months ago with my Galax...

That's great but I am now beyond 1 year. I  guess I should have taken action sooner. How ever  this is clearly a Samsung issue.

userlTTJqy5VFM
Constellation

I don't personally have this issue but I know someone wit...

I don't personally have this issue but I know someone with a note 8 who has the same problem, they've had it for about a year and they get around it by using a bluetooth headset and it works fine.

userled6yZq4Lp
Constellation

Re: I don't personally have this issue but I know someone wit...

This issue happens WHILE I'm on the bluetooth,  too.  I have to call back -- sometimes repeatedly-- until they can hear me.

userjNscP43F0O
Constellation

Re: People can't hear me!!!

I have the same problem, had galaxy s 9 for few months, Verizon sent new/ refurbished, whatever, still happening on the 3rd replacement. Anytime I’m on the phone for an extended period of time, more than 40 minutes, other party can no longer hear me, FRUSTRATED!! Getting nowhere with Verizon! Time for someone to step up, hopefully Samsung will resolve and make known to other owners

userJ0PQK5z20v
Astronaut

What I heard is the problem could be a app you have installed on your app or something has permission to your microphone that is interfering with the phones usage. Maybe you should try hard resetting, then not restoring apps and other info. 1st try to make a care b4 the restore to see if phone works properly. If it does install apps bbn one at a time to see which one give you the problem. 

userGzdAxWgzYk
Astronaut

The same thing happened to me and it was an app which uses the microphone which messes with your phone call microphone. I have a call of duty app that messed with mine and all I did was go under apps and select the app and go under permissions and deselect the microphone option and that should work.

SixGod
Constellation

Do you have wifi Calling.... Turn it off

SixGod
Constellation

I had the same problem... I have Sprint, which has a wifi calling feature.... It's another fine example of Sprint's failure to do anything correct