cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesHemi
Asteroid

Phone Shuts off after encryption unlock

I have gone all over the internet looking for a solution. I have tried soft resets, hard resets, turning off fingerprint scanning, turning off auto optimization, turning of auto screening brightness, everything I have read and can think of. Nothing is solving my problem.

I went for a bike ride with my phone, in a Pelican case, in my jersey pocket. I am not sure if it is moisture or heat, but my phone was off when I got done. I powered it on, but I cannot get it to stay on. I use my pattern to unlock the phone and it shows me the padlock and the spinning blue and green wheel, but it shuts off right after that.

I can get it past the padlock screen if I constantly touch or swipe across the screen, but soon after I stop engaging the screen it will shut off again.

I am at a loss. I want to make sure i do every possible step before factory resetting it. I have no idea what I may lose when I do that. I'll lose it, if I have to, because I can't use it as it is!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone Shuts off after encryption unlock

Have you tried plugging it into a charger? Maybe the battery is dead? 

JamesHemi
Asteroid

Yep. It does it plugged in, full battery,...doesn't change. It is currently sitting on my desk with the swipe your pattern to open screen, waiting for me to swipe it in.  "Your phone is encrypted for security, To start up your phone, draw your pattern..." As soon as I do that, I will get the padlock with the spining colors, and a blue flashing notification light in the left corner. at some point in that step it will shut off.

Currently, as it sits waiting, it is making random, faint chriping sounds.

Highlighted
JamesHemi
Asteroid

It is similar to a boot loop, but without the loop. It just cycles off somewhere in the boot up steps.